Tampa Bay trades Denard Span to Seattle in four-player deal
The Tampa Bay Rays have traded outfielder Denard Span along with pitcher Alex Colome to the Seattle Mariners in exchange for minor league pitchers Andrew Moore and Tommy Romero.
The Rays fire sale starts early this year as they trade a starting outfielder and their closer to the Mariners. Span will provide Seattle with outfield depth as they shift Dee Gordon to second base with Robinson Cano suspended until August. Colome will assume a setup role for the Mariners with Edwin Diaz entrenched in the closer's job.
Span was hitting .238 with a .340 wOBA, 27 runs scored and 6 steals in 173 plate appearances this season.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Dan Vogelbach returns to Seattle's lineup on Sunday September 29th, 2019
- Seattle's Omar Narvaez catching on Sunday September 29th, 2019
- Mariners' Dee Gordon starting at second base on Sunday September 29th, 2019
- Mariners' Mallex Smith in center field on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Seattle's Tim Lopes starting in left field on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Domingo Santana returns to the Mariners' lineup on Saturday September 28th, 2019