Braves call up Matt Wisler to start Friday's game against Miami
Atlanta Braves pitcher Matt Wisler has been called up from Triple-A to start Friday's game against the Miami Marlins.
Sean Newcomb was originally expected to start tonight for the Braves, but they have instead called up Matt Wisler to make his third Major League start of the season. Matt Fried has been option to Triple-A to make room for Wisler.
Wisler's two starts in 2018 have seen him tally a 3.75 ERA, 5.10 SIERA, 16.3% strikeout rate, 6.1% walk rate and 1.17 WHIP.
- Rays expect 'zero limitations' for Blake Snell (elbow) during future spring training May 25th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Hicks progressing in his rehab from Tommy John surgery May 14th, 2020
- James Paxton (back) throwing simulated innings in preparation for Yankees' season May 14th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Judge (rib) wouldn't have been ready until "summertime" May 14th, 2020
- Rangers' Willie Calhoun (jaw) 'back up to 100 percent' May 2nd, 2020
- Heyman: 'Early July remains MLB's target' for 2020 regular season May 2nd, 2020
- Sam Tuivailala released by Mariners March 20th, 2020
- Seattle's Mitch Haniger (back) out at least another month February 20th, 2020
- Dan Vogelbach returns to Seattle's lineup on Sunday September 29th, 2019
- Seattle's Omar Narvaez catching on Sunday September 29th, 2019
- Mariners' Dee Gordon starting at second base on Sunday September 29th, 2019
- Mariners' Mallex Smith in center field on Saturday September 28th, 2019