Blue Jays view Roberto Osuna as starter long term
Toronto Blue Jays general manager Alex Anthopoulos said Monday that he still envisions pitcher Roberto Osuna as a starter in the future.
Osuna had worked almost exclusively as a starter in the minors before becoming a crucial part of the Blue Jays' bullpen this year. Next year will be his age-21 season.
Despite his success at the Major League level, Osuna has never made a start above High-A. Although he had success as a youngster lower in the minors, it would be surprising if Osuna were to start the 2016 season in the Blue Jays' rotation. He has immense value in dynasty leagues no matter what his role, but his 2016 re-draft value will be diminished if he immediately transitions back into being a starter.
- Rays' Austin Meadows batting third in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Ji-Man Choi batting leadoff for Rays in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' A.J. Pollock batting eighth in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' Joc Pederson batting eighth in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Austin Barnes catching for Dodgers in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Joey Wendle batting sixth for Rays in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 7 lineup Saturday October 17th, 2020
- Aledmys Diaz not in Houston's Saturday lineup for Game 7 October 17th, 2020
- Houston's Aledmys Diaz starting in Friday's Game 6 lineup against Rays October 16th, 2020
- Martin Maldonado catching as Astros hope to avoid elimination October 14th, 2020
- Josh Reddick at DH for Astros versus Rays in Game 4 October 14th, 2020
- Dustin Garneau behind Astros' plate Tuesday October 13th, 2020