Matt Wisler confirmed as starter for Braves on Thursday
The Atlanta Braves have confirmed that Matt Wisler will be called up from Triple-A to start Thursday's game against the New York Mets.
Anibal Sanchez was originally slated to start on Thursday, but he suffered a hamstring injury while going through warmups yesterday, so the Braves were forced to scramble for a replacement. While some expected Lucas Sims to get the nod, the Braves will instead call up Wisler to make a spot start. In 2017, Wisler had a 8.35 ERA over 32 1/3 innings, including one start.
Wisler has posted a 4.86 SIERA, 16.1% strikeout rate, and 7.8% walk rate over 298 career major league innings.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Dan Vogelbach returns to Seattle's lineup on Sunday September 29th, 2019
- Seattle's Omar Narvaez catching on Sunday September 29th, 2019
- Mariners' Dee Gordon starting at second base on Sunday September 29th, 2019
- Mariners' Mallex Smith in center field on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Seattle's Tim Lopes starting in left field on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Domingo Santana returns to the Mariners' lineup on Saturday September 28th, 2019