Braves place Anibal Sanchez (hamstring) on 10-day DL
Atlanta Braves pitcher Anibal Sanchez was placed on the 10-day disabled list with a strained right hamstring.
Sanchez suffered the injury after falling during a pregame run on Wednesday. He was carted off the field with an air cast around his leg, but the injury doesn't appear to be as severe as first expected. The team brought up Johan Camargo to take his spot on the roster, but Matt Wisler is in line to take the last spot in the Braves' rotation.
Through 3 starts, the 34-year-old Sanchez has posted a 1-0 record with a 1.29 ERA and 14 strikeouts in 14 innings.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado catching for Houston in World Series Game 5 on Sunday October 27th, 2019
- Yordan Alvarez starting in left field for Houston in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 27th, 2019
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Washington's Max Scherzer (neck) scratched, Joe Ross to start in Game 5 October 27th, 2019
- Nationals' Howie Kendrick returns to the lineup for Game 4 of the World Series on Saturday October 26th, 2019
- Nationals' Yan Gomes catching World Series Game 4 on Saturday October 26th, 2019