Braves place Anibal Sanchez (hamstring) on 10-day DL
Atlanta Braves pitcher Anibal Sanchez was placed on the 10-day disabled list with a strained right hamstring.
Sanchez suffered the injury after falling during a pregame run on Wednesday. He was carted off the field with an air cast around his leg, but the injury doesn't appear to be as severe as first expected. The team brought up Johan Camargo to take his spot on the roster, but Matt Wisler is in line to take the last spot in the Braves' rotation.
Through 3 starts, the 34-year-old Sanchez has posted a 1-0 record with a 1.29 ERA and 14 strikeouts in 14 innings.
- Pirates' Chris Archer (neck, shoulder) out until 2021 June 3rd, 2020
- Rays expect 'zero limitations' for Blake Snell (elbow) during future spring training May 25th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Hicks progressing in his rehab from Tommy John surgery May 14th, 2020
- James Paxton (back) throwing simulated innings in preparation for Yankees' season May 14th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Judge (rib) wouldn't have been ready until "summertime" May 14th, 2020
- Rangers' Willie Calhoun (jaw) 'back up to 100 percent' May 2nd, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Washington's Max Scherzer (neck) scratched, Joe Ross to start in Game 5 October 27th, 2019
- Nationals' Howie Kendrick returns to the lineup for Game 4 of the World Series on Saturday October 26th, 2019
- Nationals' Yan Gomes catching World Series Game 4 on Saturday October 26th, 2019