Brett Cecil (calf) hoping to be ready for Blue Jays in World Series
Toronto Blue Jays pitcher Brett Cecil (calf) reiterated Wednesday that he is aiming to be ready for the World Series.
This likely means that Cecil will be left off of the team's American League Championship Series roster against the Kansas City Royals. However, it had previously been reported that he would miss the remainder of the postseason, so even this could be a minor consolation for the team.
Cecil is a big loss against a Royals team with left-handed bats like Mike Moustakas, Eric Hosmer, and Alex Gordon, though Gordon is fairly platoon-proof. Cecil averaged 14.61 strikeouts and 1.77 walks per nine innings against lefties this year, finishing with a 1.57 xFIP against them.
- Cubs' Kyle Hendricks (shoulder) tosses light pen session June 25th, 2019
- Jimmy Yacabonis will serve as the opener for the Orioles Tuesday June 24th, 2019
- Chi Chi Gonzalez expected to start Tuesday for Colorado June 24th, 2019
- Raimel Tapia drops to sixth in Rockies' Monday lineup June 24th, 2019
- Charlie Blackmon back in the Rockies' lineup Monday June 24th, 2019
- Nolan Arenado batting third for the Rockies Monday night June 24th, 2019
- Cardinals' Jordan Hicks diagnosed with torn UCL June 24th, 2019
- Cardinals' Jordan Hicks (triceps) undergoing MRI Monday June 24th, 2019
- Dexter Fowler on Cardinals' bench in finale with Angels June 23rd, 2019
- Harrison Bader starting for Cardinals Sunday night June 23rd, 2019
- Marcell Ozuna goes 3-for-4 with a homer Friday in Cardinals' win June 22nd, 2019
- Dexter Fowler starting on Saturday for St. Louis June 22nd, 2019