Brett Cecil (calf) hoping to be ready for Blue Jays in World Series
Toronto Blue Jays pitcher Brett Cecil (calf) reiterated Wednesday that he is aiming to be ready for the World Series.
This likely means that Cecil will be left off of the team's American League Championship Series roster against the Kansas City Royals. However, it had previously been reported that he would miss the remainder of the postseason, so even this could be a minor consolation for the team.
Cecil is a big loss against a Royals team with left-handed bats like Mike Moustakas, Eric Hosmer, and Alex Gordon, though Gordon is fairly platoon-proof. Cecil averaged 14.61 strikeouts and 1.77 walks per nine innings against lefties this year, finishing with a 1.57 xFIP against them.
- Cleveland's Jose Ramirez diagnosed with left knee contusion March 24th, 2019
- Kyle Freeland will be Rockies' Opening Day starter March 24th, 2019
- Tampa Bay's Yandy Diaz will start at third base on Opening Day March 24th, 2019
- Padres' Eric Lauer will start on Opening Day March 24th, 2019
- Ronald Acuna to clean up for Braves in 2019 March 24th, 2019
- Baltimore's Alex Cobb (groin) leaves Saturday's start after one inning March 23rd, 2019
- Dakota Hudson named Cardinals' fifth starter March 22nd, 2019
- Alex Reyes to start 2019 in Cardinals' bullpen March 21st, 2019
- Matt Carpenter scratched Sunday for St. Louis due to tight back March 17th, 2019
- Marcell Ozuna starting in left field for Cardinals Monday March 11th, 2019
- Cardinals' Marcell Ozuna (shoulder) could play field Monday March 8th, 2019
- Carlos Martinez (shoulder) looking less likely for Cardinals' Opening Day March 8th, 2019