Justin Grimm signs 1-year, $1.25 million deal with Royals
The Kansas City Royals signed reliever Justin Grimm to a 1-year, $1.25 million contract.
Grimm didn't have to wait long to find a new home after being released by the Cubs on Thursday. The 29-year-old right-hander averaged a 3.29 ERA from 2014-2016 but he saw that number climb to 5.53 over 55 1/3 innings last season. He probably won't see any save opportunities in Kansas City.
Prior to Thursday's release, numberFire's models projected Grimm to record a 3.59 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, and 23.9 strikeout percentage across 55 1/3 innings.
- Philadelphia's Jay Bruce exits Saturday's game with left hamstring tightness June 15th, 2019
- Yankees reportedly acquire Edwin Encarnacion from Seattle on Saturday June 15th, 2019
- Diamondbacks will open with Archie Bradley on Sunday June 15th, 2019
- Kansas City's Hunter Dozier (chest) on track to return next week June 15th, 2019
- Saturday's Yankees-White Sox game delayed, expected to start at 7:40 PM EST June 15th, 2019
- Colorado's Daniel Murphy scratched, Mark Reynolds will start on Saturday June 15th, 2019
- Dylan Moore in Mariners' Saturday lineup June 15th, 2019
- Dee Gordon not in Seattle's Saturday lineup June 15th, 2019
- Edwin Encarnacion (back) sitting out again on Friday for Seattle June 14th, 2019
- J.P. Crawford starting on Friday for Seattle June 14th, 2019
- Mariners option Shed Long to Triple-A on Friday June 14th, 2019
- Edwin Encarnacion sitting for Seattle in Thursday's finale June 13th, 2019