Justin Grimm signs 1-year, $1.25 million deal with Royals
The Kansas City Royals signed reliever Justin Grimm to a 1-year, $1.25 million contract.
Grimm didn't have to wait long to find a new home after being released by the Cubs on Thursday. The 29-year-old right-hander averaged a 3.29 ERA from 2014-2016 but he saw that number climb to 5.53 over 55 1/3 innings last season. He probably won't see any save opportunities in Kansas City.
Prior to Thursday's release, numberFire's models projected Grimm to record a 3.59 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, and 23.9 strikeout percentage across 55 1/3 innings.
- Yankees' Luis Severino agrees to four-year $40 million dollar extension on Friday February 15th, 2019
- Nick Senzel could start for Reds in 2019 February 15th, 2019
- Yangervis Solarte, Giants reportedly agree to terms February 15th, 2019
- Blue Jays' Vladimir Guerrero Jr.'s MLB debut undetermined February 14th, 2019
- Jacob deGrom named Mets' Opening Day starter February 14th, 2019
- Angels' Shohei Ohtani (elbow) not expected to be ready to DH until May February 12th, 2019
- Ben Gamel dealt to Milwaukee on Friday by Seattle December 21st, 2018
- Mariners acquire Domingo Santana from Milwaukee December 21st, 2018
- Jake Bauers headed to Cleveland in three-team deal December 13th, 2018
- Edwin Encarnacion traded to Mariners December 13th, 2018
- Jay Bruce headed to Seattle as part of Robinson Cano trade December 3rd, 2018
- Seattle finalizes Edwin Diaz trade to the New York Mets December 3rd, 2018