Phillies' Jerad Eickhoff (lat) to miss 6-8 weeks
Philadelphia Phillies pitcher Jerad Eickhoff is dealing with a mild lat strain, and is expected to miss the next 6-8 weeks.
Eickhoff won't throw for 7-10 days, and then he'll essentially have to restart his entire spring training program. The injury opens up a spot in the Phillies rotation that could be filled by Ben Lively, Nick Pivetta, or Mark Lieter Jr.
Eickhoff is coming off a disappointing 2017 in which he posted a 4.71 ERA and 1.52 WHIP across 128 innings.
- Yandy Diaz sent to Tampa Bay from Cleveland December 13th, 2018
- Jake Bauers headed to Cleveland in three-team deal December 13th, 2018
- Edwin Encarnacion traded to Mariners December 13th, 2018
- Cardinals acquire Paul Goldschmidt from the Diamondbacks December 5th, 2018
- Nationals sign pitcher Patrick Corbin to 6-year, $140M deal December 4th, 2018
- Jay Bruce headed to Seattle as part of Robinson Cano trade December 3rd, 2018
- Mariners ship Carlos Santana to Cleveland December 13th, 2018
- Carlos Santana dealt to Seattle from Philadelphia on Monday December 3rd, 2018
- Mariners' Jean Segura traded to Phillies in five-player deal December 3rd, 2018
- Roman Quinn hitting third for Philadelphia in Sunday's finale September 30th, 2018
- Jose Bautista in Phillies' lineup versus Braves September 30th, 2018
- Andrew Knapp starting for Phillies Sunday afternoon September 30th, 2018