Phillies' Jerad Eickhoff (lat) to miss 6-8 weeks
Philadelphia Phillies pitcher Jerad Eickhoff is dealing with a mild lat strain, and is expected to miss the next 6-8 weeks.
Eickhoff won't throw for 7-10 days, and then he'll essentially have to restart his entire spring training program. The injury opens up a spot in the Phillies rotation that could be filled by Ben Lively, Nick Pivetta, or Mark Lieter Jr.
Eickhoff is coming off a disappointing 2017 in which he posted a 4.71 ERA and 1.52 WHIP across 128 innings.
- Domingo Santana grand slam carries Mariners past Athletics in Japan March 20th, 2019
- Report: Alex Bregman extending with Astros for 5 years, $100 million March 20th, 2019
- Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw (shoulder) to start season on the injured list March 19th, 2019
- Trevor Cahill to take the mound for the Angels on Opening Day March 19th, 2019
- Cubs' Yu Darvish lifted from Cactus League start with blister March 19th, 2019
- Jeremy Jeffress (shoulder) ruled out for Brewers on Opening Day March 19th, 2019
- Bryce Harper (foot) playing designated hitter for Phillies Sunday March 17th, 2019
- Bryce Harper is day-to-day for Philadelphia with bruised ankle March 16th, 2019
- Bryce Harper exits after ankle hit by pitch, Phillies not concerned March 15th, 2019
- Bryce Harper reportedly signs with Philadelphia on Thursday February 28th, 2019
- Free agent Bryce Harper currently not considering short-term deals February 12th, 2019
- Mariners ship Carlos Santana to Cleveland December 13th, 2018