Rangers sign Bartolo Colon to a minor league contract
The Texas Rangers signed free-agent starting pitcher Bartolo Colon to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.
The 44-year-old Colon has a chance to make the Rangers' rotation but will need a strong showing in spring training to grab the last starting spot. The 20-year veteran pitched for both the Atlanta Braves and Minnesota Twins last season.
Colon finished 2017 with a 7-14 record, 5.14 xFIP, 1.59 WHIP, and 89 strikeouts in 143 innings pitched.
- Brewers' Mike Moustakas reportedly agrees to one-year deal on Sunday February 17th, 2019
- Mallex Smith's (elbow) Opening Day status for Mariners in air February 17th, 2019
- Ronald Acuna may lead off for Braves again this season February 17th, 2019
- Pirates' Jameson Taillon will start on Opening Day February 16th, 2019
- Orioles sign shortstop Alcides Escobar to minor league contract on Saturday February 16th, 2019
- Yankees' CC Sabathia will retire after 2019 season February 16th, 2019
- Drew Robinson in Ranger's Sunday lineup September 30th, 2018
- Willie Calhoun starting in Rangers' Sunday lineup September 30th, 2018
- Rangers' Ronald Guzman starting at first base on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Rangers' Joey Gallo batting fifth on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Rangers' Nomar Mazara not starting on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Jurickson Profar sitting for Rangers on Sunday September 30th, 2018