Diamondbacks sign Alex Avila to two-year deal
The Arizona Diamondbacks have signed free agent catcher Alex Avila to a two-year, $8.25 million deal, reports The Athletic's Ken Rosenthal.
The deal is pending a physical, which should take place some time in the next week. Avila, who finished last season with the Chicago Cubs, after starting the year with the Detroit Tigers. He will share starts with Jeff Mathis and Chris Herrmann, but he should see a boost at Chase Field.
In 2017, Avila hit 14 home runs with 49 RBI, a .264 average and .364 wOBA over 112 games.
- Yankees' Luis Severino agrees to four-year $40 million dollar extension on Friday February 15th, 2019
- Nick Senzel could start for Reds in 2019 February 15th, 2019
- Yangervis Solarte, Giants reportedly agree to terms February 15th, 2019
- Blue Jays' Vladimir Guerrero Jr.'s MLB debut undetermined February 14th, 2019
- Jacob deGrom named Mets' Opening Day starter February 14th, 2019
- Angels' Shohei Ohtani (elbow) not expected to be ready to DH until May February 12th, 2019
- Cardinals acquire Paul Goldschmidt from the Diamondbacks December 5th, 2018
- A.J. Pollock entering Diamondbacks' starting lineup on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- J.R. Murphy in Diamondbacks' starting lineup on Sunday afternoon September 30th, 2018
- Diamondbacks' Patrick Kivlehan starting, hitting seventh on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Nick Ahmed will start for Diamondbacks on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Diamondbacks' Paul Goldschmidt will start on Sunday September 30th, 2018