Diamondbacks sign Alex Avila to two-year deal
The Arizona Diamondbacks have signed free agent catcher Alex Avila to a two-year, $8.25 million deal, reports The Athletic's Ken Rosenthal.
The deal is pending a physical, which should take place some time in the next week. Avila, who finished last season with the Chicago Cubs, after starting the year with the Detroit Tigers. He will share starts with Jeff Mathis and Chris Herrmann, but he should see a boost at Chase Field.
In 2017, Avila hit 14 home runs with 49 RBI, a .264 average and .364 wOBA over 112 games.
- Jason Vargas passes physical, new deal with Mets is official February 18th, 2018
- Report: Yasmani Grandal could be Dodgers' primary catcher in 2018 February 18th, 2018
- Eduardo Nunez passes Red Sox physical, officially under contract February 18th, 2018
- Rays designate Corey Dickerson for assignment February 18th, 2018
- Angels send C.J. Cron to Rays for player to be named later February 18th, 2018
- Rays trade Jake Odorizzi to Twins in exchange for Jermaine Palacios February 18th, 2018
- Dodgers' free agent Yu Darvish expected to sign with a team this week January 28th, 2018
- Cubs' Ben Zobrist is batting eighth in Game 5 October 19th, 2017
- Jon Jay is not in the Cubs' Game 5 starting lineup October 19th, 2017
- Cubs' Javier Baez is starting at second base in Game 4 October 18th, 2017
- Jason Heyward is out of the Cubs' lineup for Game 4 October 18th, 2017
- Ben Zobrist is out of the Cubs' lineup for Game 4 October 18th, 2017