Royals, Alcides Escobar agree to deal
Kansas City Royals shortstop Alcides Escobar has agreed to re-sign with the team, according to FanRag Sports' Robert Murray.
The deal is pending a physical, and the details aren't known at this time. At 31, Escobar could be used in a utility role if Kansas City still plans to start Raul Mondesi at shortstop.
In 2017, Escobar batted to a .266 wOBA with 6 home runs and 54 RBI in 162 games.
- Angels' Shohei Ohtani (elbow) to hit off tee Friday February 22nd, 2019
- Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw (arm) to play catch in a 'few days' February 22nd, 2019
- Braves' Mike Soroka experiencing renewed shoulder soreness February 22nd, 2019
- Marwin Gonzalez signs with Twins for 2 years, $21 million February 22nd, 2019
- Mets' Jed Lowrie dealing with knee injury February 22nd, 2019
- Michael Lorenzen to pitch, play center field for Reds this spring February 22nd, 2019
- Orioles sign shortstop Alcides Escobar to minor league contract on Saturday February 16th, 2019
- Orioles' Buck Showalter won't return in 2019 October 3rd, 2018
- Joey Rickard heads to Orioles' bench on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Steve Wilkerson batting eighth for Orioles on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Caleb Joseph catching for Baltimore in Game 1 of Saturday's doubleheader September 29th, 2018
- Joey Rickard starting in Game 1 of Saturday's doubleheader for Baltimore September 29th, 2018