Royals, Alcides Escobar agree to deal
Kansas City Royals shortstop Alcides Escobar has agreed to re-sign with the team, according to FanRag Sports' Robert Murray.
The deal is pending a physical, and the details aren't known at this time. At 31, Escobar could be used in a utility role if Kansas City still plans to start Raul Mondesi at shortstop.
In 2017, Escobar batted to a .266 wOBA with 6 home runs and 54 RBI in 162 games.
- Joey Gallo to serve as Rangers' everyday first baseman in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Indians' Danny Salazar (shoulder) has progressed to throwing from 75 feet February 20th, 2018
- Brewers' Ryan Braun will only play left field and first base in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Angels lowering right field wall in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Alex Cora: Hanley Ramirez is Red Sox' number-three hitter February 20th, 2018
- Report: Phillies, Jake Arrieta 'having dialogue' February 20th, 2018
- Padres reportedly reach deal with free agent Eric Hosmer February 18th, 2018
- Mets reportedly agree to deal with Jason Vargas February 16th, 2018
- Royals, Alcides Escobar agree to deal January 26th, 2018
- Royals' Danny Duffy undergoes left elbow surgery October 3rd, 2017
- Drew Butera starting at catcher Sunday for Royals October 1st, 2017
- Brandon Moss not in the Royals' lineup on Sunday October 1st, 2017