Lorenzo Cain signs a 5-year/$80M deal with Milwaukee
The Milwaukee Brewers have signed former Kansas City Royals outfielder Lorenzo Cain to a 5-year, $80M deal.
Cain broke in with the Brewers back in 2010 and now returns to the club after spending the last seven season with the Royals. The $80M deal is currently the largest contract signed by any free agent in what has been a slow offseason. He joins a crowded outfield with Christain Yelich, Domingo Santana, and Ryan Braun all expected to see plenty of at-bats in 2018.
Cain posted an .803 OPS with 15 homers, 49 RBI, and 86 runs scored in 645 plate appearances last year.
- Kyle Farmer headed to Cincinnati in seven-player trade December 21st, 2018
- Dodgers move Yasiel Puig to Cincinnati on Friday December 21st, 2018
- Alex Wood traded to Cincinnati in seven-player deal December 21st, 2018
- Cincinnati Reds acquire outfielder Matt Kemp in multi-player trade on Friday December 21st, 2018
- Reds ship Homer Bailey to Los Angeles in seven-player deal December 21st, 2018
- Angels sign Matt Harvey to 1-yr, $11M deal December 18th, 2018
- Ben Gamel dealt to Milwaukee on Friday by Seattle December 21st, 2018
- Mariners acquire Domingo Santana from Milwaukee December 21st, 2018
- Eric Bledsoe leads Milwaukee past Indiana on Friday October 20th, 2018
- Travis Shaw starting in Game 6 for Milwaukee October 19th, 2018
- Hernan Perez sitting in Game 6 for Milwaukee October 19th, 2018
- Erik Kratz behind Brewers' bag versus Dodgers Wednesday October 17th, 2018