Lorenzo Cain signs a 5-year/$80M deal with Milwaukee
The Milwaukee Brewers have signed former Kansas City Royals outfielder Lorenzo Cain to a 5-year, $80M deal.
Cain broke in with the Brewers back in 2010 and now returns to the club after spending the last seven season with the Royals. The $80M deal is currently the largest contract signed by any free agent in what has been a slow offseason. He joins a crowded outfield with Christain Yelich, Domingo Santana, and Ryan Braun all expected to see plenty of at-bats in 2018.
Cain posted an .803 OPS with 15 homers, 49 RBI, and 86 runs scored in 645 plate appearances last year.
- Martin Maldonado starting at catcher for Astros on Wednesday October 17th, 2018
- Ian Kinsler on Red Sox's bench in Game 4 Wednesday night October 17th, 2018
- Eduardo Nunez (ankle) out of Red Sox's lineup versus Brewers in Game 4 October 17th, 2018
- Houston's Brian McCann not in Wednesday's starting lineup October 17th, 2018
- Brock Holt on second base for Red Sox versus Astros Wednesday October 17th, 2018
- Rafael Devers starting for Red Sox in American League Championship Series Game 4 October 17th, 2018
- Erik Kratz behind Brewers' bag versus Dodgers Wednesday October 17th, 2018
- Hernan Perez starting for Brewers in National League Championship Series Game 5 October 17th, 2018
- Manny Pina out of Milwaukee's lineup in Game 5 Wednesday October 17th, 2018
- Jonathan Schoop on Brewers' bench in Game 5 against Dodgers October 17th, 2018
- Jonathan Schoop draws start for Brewers in Game 4 Tuesday October 16th, 2018
- Manny Pina behind the bag for Milwaukee in Game 4 versus Dodgers October 16th, 2018