Lorenzo Cain signs a 5-year/$80M deal with Milwaukee
The Milwaukee Brewers have signed former Kansas City Royals outfielder Lorenzo Cain to a 5-year, $80M deal.
Cain broke in with the Brewers back in 2010 and now returns to the club after spending the last seven season with the Royals. The $80M deal is currently the largest contract signed by any free agent in what has been a slow offseason. He joins a crowded outfield with Christain Yelich, Domingo Santana, and Ryan Braun all expected to see plenty of at-bats in 2018.
Cain posted an .803 OPS with 15 homers, 49 RBI, and 86 runs scored in 645 plate appearances last year.
- Wilson Ramos leaves Tampa's game on Tuesday with an injury May 22nd, 2018
- Rays' Jacob Faria exits in the third inning with an injury on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018
- D-Backs place Steven Souza (strained pec) on the 10-day DL May 22nd, 2018
- Daniel Castro starting at second base for the Rockies on Tueday May 22nd, 2018
- Yasiel Puig is back in the Dodgers' lineup on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018
- Chase Utley sitting out Tuesday's game between the Dodgers and Rockies May 22nd, 2018
- Jesus Aguilar out of Brewers' lineup versus Diamondbacks May 22nd, 2018
- Ji-Man Choi starting for Brewers on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018
- Zach Davies (shoulder) to start on Thursday for Milwaukee May 21st, 2018
- Brent Suter to make another start for the Brewers on Wednesday May 21st, 2018
- Freddy Peralta optioned back to Triple-A Colorado Springs May 21st, 2018
- Chase Anderson (illness) officially active, starting for Brewers on Monday May 21st, 2018