Lorenzo Cain signs a 5-year/$80M deal with Milwaukee
The Milwaukee Brewers have signed former Kansas City Royals outfielder Lorenzo Cain to a 5-year, $80M deal.
Cain broke in with the Brewers back in 2010 and now returns to the club after spending the last seven season with the Royals. The $80M deal is currently the largest contract signed by any free agent in what has been a slow offseason. He joins a crowded outfield with Christain Yelich, Domingo Santana, and Ryan Braun all expected to see plenty of at-bats in 2018.
Cain posted an .803 OPS with 15 homers, 49 RBI, and 86 runs scored in 645 plate appearances last year.
- Francisco Liriano, Tigers reportedly agree to one-year deal February 23rd, 2018
- Orioles' Jonathan Schoop battling elbow bursitis February 23rd, 2018
- Athletics' Matt Chapman's (hand) X-rays come back clean February 23rd, 2018
- Athletics' Matt Chapman undergoing MRI on right hand February 22nd, 2018
- Pirates acquire Corey Dickerson from Rays February 22nd, 2018
- Daniel Hudson headed to Rays after trade with Pirates February 22nd, 2018
- Padres reportedly reach deal with free agent Eric Hosmer February 18th, 2018
- Mets reportedly agree to deal with Jason Vargas February 16th, 2018
- Royals, Alcides Escobar agree to deal January 26th, 2018
- Royals' Danny Duffy undergoes left elbow surgery October 3rd, 2017
- Drew Butera starting at catcher Sunday for Royals October 1st, 2017
- Brandon Moss not in the Royals' lineup on Sunday October 1st, 2017