Lorenzo Cain signs a 5-year/$80M deal with Milwaukee
The Milwaukee Brewers have signed former Kansas City Royals outfielder Lorenzo Cain to a 5-year, $80M deal.
Cain broke in with the Brewers back in 2010 and now returns to the club after spending the last seven season with the Royals. The $80M deal is currently the largest contract signed by any free agent in what has been a slow offseason. He joins a crowded outfield with Christain Yelich, Domingo Santana, and Ryan Braun all expected to see plenty of at-bats in 2018.
Cain posted an .803 OPS with 15 homers, 49 RBI, and 86 runs scored in 645 plate appearances last year.
- Kenley Jansen (heart) feels "great", hoping to return next week August 17th, 2018
- Cubs-Pirates expected to start at 8:50 PM ET on Friday August 17th, 2018
- Marlins' Jose Urena to appeal his six-game suspension August 17th, 2018
- Martin Maldonado starting for Astros on Friday night August 17th, 2018
- Astros' Tony Kemp not starting on Friday night August 17th, 2018
- Max Stassi heading back to Astros' bench on Friday August 17th, 2018
- Ryan Braun not in Brewers' lineup on Friday August 17th, 2018
- Erik Kratz starting for Milwaukee on Friday August 17th, 2018
- Jesus Aguilar starting for Brewers on Friday August 17th, 2018
- Manny Pina not in lineup on Friday for Brewers August 17th, 2018
- Brewers' Manny Pina starting at catcher on Wednesday August 15th, 2018
- Hernan Perez out of the Brewers' lineup on Wednesday August 15th, 2018