Marlins trade Christian Yelich to Brewers in 5-player deal
The Miami Marlins have traded outfielder Christian Yelich to the Milwaukee Brewers for outfielders Lewis Brinson and Monte Harrison, infielder Isan Diaz, and pitcher Jordan Yamamoto.
The Marlins fire sale continues. After shipping out Giancarlo Stanton and Marcell Ozuna, Yelich becomes the latest player on the move. He joins a crowded Brewers outfield (who just signed Lorenzo Cain) but will undoubtedly be in the starting lineup on Opening Day. The Fish get perhaps their best haul in any trade this offseason as Brinson was a top-20 prospect heading into the 2017 season.
Yelich batted .282 with 18 homers, 81 RBI, 100 runs scored, and 16 steals in 695 plate appearances in 2017.
- Angels' Shohei Ohtani (elbow) to hit off tee Friday February 22nd, 2019
- Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw (arm) to play catch in a 'few days' February 22nd, 2019
- Braves' Mike Soroka experiencing renewed shoulder soreness February 22nd, 2019
- Marwin Gonzalez signs with Twins for 2 years, $21 million February 22nd, 2019
- Mets' Jed Lowrie dealing with knee injury February 22nd, 2019
- Michael Lorenzen to pitch, play center field for Reds this spring February 22nd, 2019
- Mike Moustakas reportedly re-signs with Brewers, will try second base February 18th, 2019
- Brewers' Mike Moustakas reportedly agrees to one-year deal on Sunday February 17th, 2019
- Ben Gamel dealt to Milwaukee on Friday by Seattle December 21st, 2018
- Mariners acquire Domingo Santana from Milwaukee December 21st, 2018
- Eric Bledsoe leads Milwaukee past Indiana on Friday October 20th, 2018
- Travis Shaw starting in Game 6 for Milwaukee October 19th, 2018