Andrew McCutchen to play right field following trade to Giants
San Francisco Giants outfielder Andrew McCutchen will play right field after being traded from the Pittsburgh Pirates on Monday.
According to the San Francisco Chronicle's John Shea, manager Bruce Bochy announced his decision. Hunter Pence will move to left field with Gorkys Hernandez the candidate to start in center. The team's also looking at free agents Jarrod Dyson and Lorenzo Cain to possibly fill that spot.
In 9 years with the Pirates, McCutchen played the majority of his games in center. He did, however, slide to right field 13 times in 2017.
- Angels' Shohei Ohtani (elbow) to hit off tee Friday February 22nd, 2019
- Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw (arm) to play catch in a 'few days' February 22nd, 2019
- Braves' Mike Soroka experiencing renewed shoulder soreness February 22nd, 2019
- Marwin Gonzalez signs with Twins for 2 years, $21 million February 22nd, 2019
- Mets' Jed Lowrie dealing with knee injury February 22nd, 2019
- Michael Lorenzen to pitch, play center field for Reds this spring February 22nd, 2019
- Free agent Bryce Harper currently not considering short-term deals February 12th, 2019
- Mariners ship Carlos Santana to Cleveland December 13th, 2018
- Carlos Santana dealt to Seattle from Philadelphia on Monday December 3rd, 2018
- Mariners' Jean Segura traded to Phillies in five-player deal December 3rd, 2018
- Roman Quinn hitting third for Philadelphia in Sunday's finale September 30th, 2018
- Jose Bautista in Phillies' lineup versus Braves September 30th, 2018