Andrew McCutchen to play right field following trade to Giants
San Francisco Giants outfielder Andrew McCutchen will play right field after being traded from the Pittsburgh Pirates on Monday.
According to the San Francisco Chronicle's John Shea, manager Bruce Bochy announced his decision. Hunter Pence will move to left field with Gorkys Hernandez the candidate to start in center. The team's also looking at free agents Jarrod Dyson and Lorenzo Cain to possibly fill that spot.
In 9 years with the Pirates, McCutchen played the majority of his games in center. He did, however, slide to right field 13 times in 2017.
- Wilson Ramos leaves Tampa's game on Tuesday with an injury May 22nd, 2018
- Rays' Jacob Faria exits in the third inning with an injury on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018
- D-Backs place Steven Souza (strained pec) on the 10-day DL May 22nd, 2018
- Daniel Castro starting at second base for the Rockies on Tueday May 22nd, 2018
- Yasiel Puig is back in the Dodgers' lineup on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018
- Chase Utley sitting out Tuesday's game between the Dodgers and Rockies May 22nd, 2018
- Nick Hundley sitting for San Francisco on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018
- Andrew McCutchen starting for Giants on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018
- Pablo Sandoval playing designated hitter as Giants visit Houston May 22nd, 2018
- Kelby Tomlinson starting for San Francisco on Sunday May 20th, 2018
- Andrew McCutchen out for Giants on Sunday with a bruised knee May 20th, 2018
- Gregor Blanco not in Giants' lineup on Sunday May 20th, 2018