Report: Giants acquire Andrew McCutchen from Pirates
The San Francisco Giants have agreed to acquire outfielder Andrew McCutchen from the Pittsburgh Pirates, pending a review of medical records, according to Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic.
Reports surfaced earlier in the day that the two sides were approaching a deal, and now it appears that it is complete. There is no word on the players being exchanged for McCutchen, but it's been a tough week for Pirates fans after the trade of Gerrit Cole last week.
McCutchen averaged 11.1 FanDuel points per game in 2017 over 650 plate appearances.
- Jason Vargas passes physical, new deal with Mets is official February 18th, 2018
- Report: Yasmani Grandal could be Dodgers' primary catcher in 2018 February 18th, 2018
- Eduardo Nunez passes Red Sox physical, officially under contract February 18th, 2018
- Rays designate Corey Dickerson for assignment February 18th, 2018
- Angels send C.J. Cron to Rays for player to be named later February 18th, 2018
- Rays trade Jake Odorizzi to Twins in exchange for Jermaine Palacios February 18th, 2018
- Josh Harrison prefers trade if Pirates aren't looking to compete January 16th, 2018
- Report: Giants acquire Andrew McCutchen from Pirates January 15th, 2018
- Astros officially acquire Gerrit Cole from Pirates January 13th, 2018
- Update: 'No deal' between Astros and Pirates on Gerrit Cole January 10th, 2018
- Report: Astros land Gerrit Cole in trade with Pirates January 10th, 2018
- Elias Diaz not in Pirates' lineup for Sunday's season finale October 1st, 2017