Report: Giants acquire Andrew McCutchen from Pirates
The San Francisco Giants have agreed to acquire outfielder Andrew McCutchen from the Pittsburgh Pirates, pending a review of medical records, according to Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic.
Reports surfaced earlier in the day that the two sides were approaching a deal, and now it appears that it is complete. There is no word on the players being exchanged for McCutchen, but it's been a tough week for Pirates fans after the trade of Gerrit Cole last week.
McCutchen averaged 11.1 FanDuel points per game in 2017 over 650 plate appearances.
- Angels' Shohei Ohtani (elbow) to hit off tee Friday February 22nd, 2019
- Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw (arm) to play catch in a 'few days' February 22nd, 2019
- Braves' Mike Soroka experiencing renewed shoulder soreness February 22nd, 2019
- Marwin Gonzalez signs with Twins for 2 years, $21 million February 22nd, 2019
- Mets' Jed Lowrie dealing with knee injury February 22nd, 2019
- Michael Lorenzen to pitch, play center field for Reds this spring February 22nd, 2019
- Free agent Bryce Harper currently not considering short-term deals February 12th, 2019
- Mariners ship Carlos Santana to Cleveland December 13th, 2018
- Carlos Santana dealt to Seattle from Philadelphia on Monday December 3rd, 2018
- Mariners' Jean Segura traded to Phillies in five-player deal December 3rd, 2018
- Roman Quinn hitting third for Philadelphia in Sunday's finale September 30th, 2018
- Jose Bautista in Phillies' lineup versus Braves September 30th, 2018