Astros officially acquire Gerrit Cole from Pirates
The Houston Astros have acquired starting pitcher Gerrit Cole from the Pittsburgh Pirates.
The two teams had reportedly closed in on a deal earlier this week, but nothing materialized. Cole will now enter the Astros' rotation as a top-4 starter. In return, the Pirates receive starter Joe Musgrove, third baseman Colin Moran, reliever Michael Feliz and minor league outfielder Jason Martin.
In 26 games, Cole went 12-12 with a 4.26 ERA and 196 strikeouts in 2017. He holds a career ERA of 3.50 through 5 MLB seasons.
- Yankees trade starting pitcher Sonny Gray to the Reds January 21st, 2019
- Ben Gamel dealt to Milwaukee on Friday by Seattle December 21st, 2018
- Mariners acquire Domingo Santana from Milwaukee December 21st, 2018
- Kyle Farmer headed to Cincinnati in seven-player trade December 21st, 2018
- Dodgers move Yasiel Puig to Cincinnati on Friday December 21st, 2018
- Alex Wood traded to Cincinnati in seven-player deal December 21st, 2018
- Carlos Correa will bat fourth for the Astros in Game 5 October 18th, 2018
- Jake Marisnick starting for Houston in Game 5 October 18th, 2018
- Josh Reddick not in Houston's Game 5 lineup October 18th, 2018
- Martin Maldonado starting at catcher for Astros on Wednesday October 17th, 2018
- Houston's Brian McCann not in Wednesday's starting lineup October 17th, 2018
- Tyler White sitting for Astros versus Red Sox in Game 3 October 16th, 2018