Jay Bruce back with Mets on three-year deal
According to ESPN's Jerry Crasnick, free agent outfielder Jay Bruce has signed with the New York Mets on a three-year deal
Additional reports have the deal as a three-year, $39 million contract, pending a physical. Bruce will be due just $10 million in 2018 with $14.5 million per year over the last two seasons. The Mets are expected to ask him to play first base in addition to his usual corner outfield position. Bruce returns to New York after being traded from the Mets less than a year ago.
In 146 games across 2 teams, Bruce hit 36 home runs and ended the 2017 season with 101 RBI and a .350 wOBA.
- Cardinals' Jose Martinez receiving treatment on left shoulder June 21st, 2018
- Ryan LaMarre enters Twins' lineup versus Red Sox June 21st, 2018
- Eddie Rosario scratched from Twins' lineup Thursday with sore shoulder, Ryan LaMarre to start June 21st, 2018
- Denard Span batting third for Seattle on Thursday June 21st, 2018
- Ryan LaMarre heading to Twins' bench against Red Sox June 21st, 2018
- Sandy Leon catching for Red Sox on Thursday June 21st, 2018
- Mets' Jay Bruce diagnosed with a hip strain June 21st, 2018
- Jose Reyes starting for Mets on Wednesday June 20th, 2018
- Amed Rosario on Mets' bench versus Colorado June 20th, 2018
- Devin Mesoraco starting for Mets on Wednesday night June 20th, 2018
- Kevin Plawecki on Mets' bench versus Rockies June 20th, 2018
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard (finger) on track for weekend bullpen session June 20th, 2018