Jay Bruce back with Mets on three-year deal
According to ESPN's Jerry Crasnick, free agent outfielder Jay Bruce has signed with the New York Mets on a three-year deal
Additional reports have the deal as a three-year, $39 million contract, pending a physical. Bruce will be due just $10 million in 2018 with $14.5 million per year over the last two seasons. The Mets are expected to ask him to play first base in addition to his usual corner outfield position. Bruce returns to New York after being traded from the Mets less than a year ago.
In 146 games across 2 teams, Bruce hit 36 home runs and ended the 2017 season with 101 RBI and a .350 wOBA.
- Marlins' J.T. Realmuto (back) expects to be ready for Opening Day March 19th, 2018
- Twins' Jorge Polanco banned 80 games for PEDs March 18th, 2018
- Justin Grimm signs 1-year, $1.25 million deal with Royals March 18th, 2018
- Trevor Cahill reportedly signs 1-year deal with Athletics March 18th, 2018
- Jordan Zimmermann named Tigers' Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Bannister: Rangers' Joey Gallo batting second 'a real possibility' March 17th, 2018
- Mets' Jason Vargas has fractured bone in glove hand March 18th, 2018
- Mets' Yoenis Cespedes (wrist) will return to action on Monday March 17th, 2018
- Mets' Michael Conforto (shoulder) to play in minors game on Friday March 16th, 2018
- Jacob deGrom (back) penciled in to start for Mets in second game of regular season March 14th, 2018
- Mets' Yoenis Cespedes (wrist) given cortisone shot March 14th, 2018
- Noah Syndergaard will start Opening Day for Mets March 13th, 2018