Jay Bruce back with Mets on three-year deal
According to ESPN's Jerry Crasnick, free agent outfielder Jay Bruce has signed with the New York Mets on a three-year deal
Additional reports have the deal as a three-year, $39 million contract, pending a physical. Bruce will be due just $10 million in 2018 with $14.5 million per year over the last two seasons. The Mets are expected to ask him to play first base in addition to his usual corner outfield position. Bruce returns to New York after being traded from the Mets less than a year ago.
In 146 games across 2 teams, Bruce hit 36 home runs and ended the 2017 season with 101 RBI and a .350 wOBA.
- Didi Gregorius placed on Yankees' disabled list with heel contusion August 21st, 2018
- Jose Altuve (knee) to be activated Tuesday by Houston August 20th, 2018
- Tyler White now starting for Astros on Monday August 20th, 2018
- George Springer a late scratch for Houston on Monday August 20th, 2018
- Tony Kemp in the Astros' starting lineup on Monday night August 20th, 2018
- Tyler White not starting for Astros on Monday August 20th, 2018
- Mets place Brandon Nimmo (finger) on DL August 20th, 2018
- Devin Mesoraco is in the Mets' Monday lineup August 20th, 2018
- Mets' Michael Conforto sitting out on Monday August 20th, 2018
- Jack Reinheimer batting ninth for New York on Monday August 20th, 2018
- Kevin Plawecki not starting on Monday for New York August 20th, 2018
- Mets' Jose Reyes starting at second base on Monday August 20th, 2018