Jay Bruce back with Mets on three-year deal
According to ESPN's Jerry Crasnick, free agent outfielder Jay Bruce has signed with the New York Mets on a three-year deal
Additional reports have the deal as a three-year, $39 million contract, pending a physical. Bruce will be due just $10 million in 2018 with $14.5 million per year over the last two seasons. The Mets are expected to ask him to play first base in addition to his usual corner outfield position. Bruce returns to New York after being traded from the Mets less than a year ago.
In 146 games across 2 teams, Bruce hit 36 home runs and ended the 2017 season with 101 RBI and a .350 wOBA.
- Juan Soto moving up to second in the batting order for Washington on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Cardinals make Tyler O'Neill a late addition to Wednesday's lineup May 23rd, 2018
- Marcell Ozuna scratched from Cardinals' lineup Wednesday, Tyler O'Neill draws another start May 23rd, 2018
- Nick Hundley starting for San Francisco on Wednesday afternoon May 23rd, 2018
- Cardinals' Dexter Fowler out of the lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Austin Jackson out of Giants' lineup against Astros May 23rd, 2018
- Jose Bautista a late add to the Mets' lineup on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018
- Jay Bruce scratched from Mets' lineup on Tuesday, Jose Bautista making debut in left field May 22nd, 2018
- Luis Guillorme out of the lineup for the Mets on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018
- Mets' Tomas Nido catching against the Marlins May 22nd, 2018
- Jose Reyes starting for the Mets on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018
- Adrian Gonzalez out of the Mets' lineup on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018