Update: 'No deal' between Astros and Pirates on Gerrit Cole
Per Yahoo Sports' Jeff Passan, there is "no deal" in place for Pittsburgh Pirates pitcher Gerrit Cole to be traded to the Houston Astros.
Passan is reporting that is is a "false rumor." He does say that things could pick back up quickly and a deal could get done between the two teams. There haven't been any indications as to the return the Pirates are looking for from Houston.
In 5 years with the Pirates, Cole has gone 59-42 with a 3.50 ERA and 3.27 FIP in 127 career starts.
- Marlins' J.T. Realmuto (back) expects to be ready for Opening Day March 19th, 2018
- Twins' Jorge Polanco banned 80 games for PEDs March 18th, 2018
- Justin Grimm signs 1-year, $1.25 million deal with Royals March 18th, 2018
- Mets' Jason Vargas has fractured bone in glove hand March 18th, 2018
- Trevor Cahill reportedly signs 1-year deal with Athletics March 18th, 2018
- Jordan Zimmermann named Tigers' Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Justin Verlander named Astros' Opening Day starter March 5th, 2018
- Astros' Yuli Gurriel (hand) undergoing surgery on Wednesday February 28th, 2018
- Astros' Yulieski Gurriel travels to have hand examined February 27th, 2018
- Astros prospect Forrest Whitley suspended for violating drug program February 21st, 2018
- Yuli Gurriel will move around infield this season for Astros February 21st, 2018
- Update: 'No deal' between Astros and Pirates on Gerrit Cole January 10th, 2018