Update: 'No deal' between Astros and Pirates on Gerrit Cole
Per Yahoo Sports' Jeff Passan, there is "no deal" in place for Pittsburgh Pirates pitcher Gerrit Cole to be traded to the Houston Astros.
Passan is reporting that is is a "false rumor." He does say that things could pick back up quickly and a deal could get done between the two teams. There haven't been any indications as to the return the Pirates are looking for from Houston.
In 5 years with the Pirates, Cole has gone 59-42 with a 3.50 ERA and 3.27 FIP in 127 career starts.
- Rays sign Carlos Gomez to one-year deal February 21st, 2018
- Steven Souza sent to Diamondbacks in three-team deal February 21st, 2018
- Yankees land Brandon Drury from Diamondbacks in three-team trade February 21st, 2018
- Orioles agree to terms with Colby Rasmus February 21st, 2018
- Astros prospect Forrest Whitley suspended for violating drug program February 21st, 2018
- Yuli Gurriel will move around infield this season for Astros February 21st, 2018
- Pirates' Joe Musgrove experiencing shoulder discomfort February 19th, 2018
- Josh Harrison prefers trade if Pirates aren't looking to compete January 16th, 2018
- Report: Giants acquire Andrew McCutchen from Pirates January 15th, 2018
- Astros officially acquire Gerrit Cole from Pirates January 13th, 2018
- Update: 'No deal' between Astros and Pirates on Gerrit Cole January 10th, 2018
- Report: Astros land Gerrit Cole in trade with Pirates January 10th, 2018