Report: Astros land Gerrit Cole in trade with Pirates
The Houston Astros are acquiring pitcher Gerrit Cole from the Pittsburgh Pirates, reports MLB Network's Jon Morosi.
The Pirates have been shopping Cole over the winter and the Astros needed starting pitching. While there's nothing official on the return, big-time pitching prospect Forrest Whitley is expected to be left out of the deal. Derek Fisher -- who appeared in the majors a year ago -- could be included. Cole has an unsolved arbitration case and the deadline for filing that number is Friday.
In 2017, Cole went 12-12 with a 4.26 ERA and 196 strikeouts in 203 innings.
- Oakland Khris Davis (illness) will return to action on Wednesday March 20th, 2018
- Pirates to release Daniel Nava March 20th, 2018
- Update: Orioles, Alex Cobb agree on four-year deal March 20th, 2018
- Report: Alex Cobb nearing deal with Orioles March 20th, 2018
- White Sox' Jose Abreu (hamstring) diagnosed with muscle strain March 20th, 2018
- Red Sox tab Chris Sale as Opening Day starter March 20th, 2018
- Justin Verlander named Astros' Opening Day starter March 5th, 2018
- Astros' Yuli Gurriel (hand) undergoing surgery on Wednesday February 28th, 2018
- Astros' Yulieski Gurriel travels to have hand examined February 27th, 2018
- Astros prospect Forrest Whitley suspended for violating drug program February 21st, 2018
- Yuli Gurriel will move around infield this season for Astros February 21st, 2018
- Update: 'No deal' between Astros and Pirates on Gerrit Cole January 10th, 2018