Blue Jays acquire Yangervis Solarte from Padres
According to Yahoo Sports' Jeff Passan, the Toronto Blue Jays have acquired third/first baseman Yangervis Solarte in a trade with the San Diego Padres.
There aren't any details on the trade at this time, but they're sure to eek out over the course of the next 24 hours. This isn't all that surprising as Solarte's been on the block all winter. The 30-year-old infielder is due $4 million in 2018 and has additional contract options for 2019 and 2020.
In 128 games, Solarte hit for 18 home runs, 64 RBI and a .317 wOBA over 512 plate appearances in 2017.
- Giants' Hunter Strickland breaks hand, out 6-to-8 weeks June 19th, 2018
- Gorkys Hernandez moves down to eighth in Giants' lineup on Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- Joe Panik leading off for Giants versus Marlins June 19th, 2018
- Alen Hanson in Giants' Tuesday lineup June 19th, 2018
- Mike Foltynewicz (triceps) scheduled to come off Braves' DL on Sunday June 19th, 2018
- Kelby Tomlinson sitting for San Francisco on Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- Luke Maile in as Blue Jays host Braves June 19th, 2018
- Blue Jays' Russell Martin resting on Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- Justin Smoak starting for Toronto on Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- Kendrys Morales out of Jays' Tuesday lineup June 19th, 2018
- Marcus Stroman expected to return for Blue Jays this weekend June 19th, 2018
- Randal Grichuk hits pair of home runs in Jays' win over Nats June 18th, 2018