Blue Jays acquire Yangervis Solarte from Padres
According to Yahoo Sports' Jeff Passan, the Toronto Blue Jays have acquired third/first baseman Yangervis Solarte in a trade with the San Diego Padres.
There aren't any details on the trade at this time, but they're sure to eek out over the course of the next 24 hours. This isn't all that surprising as Solarte's been on the block all winter. The 30-year-old infielder is due $4 million in 2018 and has additional contract options for 2019 and 2020.
In 128 games, Solarte hit for 18 home runs, 64 RBI and a .317 wOBA over 512 plate appearances in 2017.
- Oakland Khris Davis (illness) will return to action on Wednesday March 20th, 2018
- Pirates to release Daniel Nava March 20th, 2018
- Update: Orioles, Alex Cobb agree on four-year deal March 20th, 2018
- Report: Alex Cobb nearing deal with Orioles March 20th, 2018
- White Sox' Jose Abreu (hamstring) diagnosed with muscle strain March 20th, 2018
- Red Sox tab Chris Sale as Opening Day starter March 20th, 2018
- Blue Jays name J.A. Happ the Opening Day starter March 20th, 2018
- Marcus Stroman (shoulder) will make spring debut for Blue Jays on Saturday March 15th, 2018
- Josh Donaldson (calf) expects to play for Blue Jays on Friday March 15th, 2018
- Blue Jays' Josh Donaldson dealing with calf injury March 14th, 2018
- Blue Jays' Troy Tulowitzki (heel) ruled out for Opening Day March 13th, 2018
- Blue Jays rule out Marcus Stroman (shoulder) for Opening Day March 12th, 2018