Giants acquire Evan Longoria in five-player deal with Rays
The San Francisco Giants have acquired third baseman Evan Longoria from the Tampa Bay Rays.
The Rays get back third baseman Christian Arroyo, outfielder Denard Span, and pitchers Matt Krook and Stephen Woods. Longoria is going back to his native California, which could help jumpstart the 32 year-old veteran's average at the plate. The Rays are expected to eat some of the $68 million still owed to Longoria as part of the deal.
Longoria had a .261/.313/.424 slash line in 2017, with 20 home runs, 86 RBI, and 71 runs scored over 613 at bats.
- Victor Caratini sitting for Cubs on Tuesday September 25th, 2018
- Cubs' Willson Contreras starting at catcher on Tuesday September 25th, 2018
- Dansby Swanson starting for Braves Tuesday September 25th, 2018
- Ozzie Albies back in Braves' lineup Tuesday September 25th, 2018
- Kurt Suzuki starting for Atlanta in Tuesday's series opener September 25th, 2018
- Johan Camargo in Braves' lineup versus Mets September 25th, 2018
- Gorkys Hernandez starting for the Giants on Monday September 24th, 2018
- Gregor Blanco not in Giants' Monday lineup September 24th, 2018
- Alen Hanson sitting for Giants on Monday September 24th, 2018
- Giants' Hunter Pence batting leadoff on Monday September 24th, 2018
- Hunter Pence heads to Giants' bench on Sunday afternoon September 23rd, 2018
- Nick Hundley behind home plate for Giants on Sunday September 23rd, 2018