Orioles' Zach Britton ruptures Achilles Tuesday, expected to miss at least six months
Baltimore Orioles pitcher Zach Britton ruptured his Achilles in a workout on Tuesday, and he is expected to miss at least six months.
This is a huge blow to the back end of the O's bullpen, as well as the team's leverage in a couple of trade scenarios. Britton probably won't be able to return until the second half of the regular season and right now it's unclear who the Orioles will turn to in the ninth inning.
Over 38 appearances in 2017, Britton posted a 2.89 ERA, 3.48 xFIP, and a strike out rate of 18.0%.
- Red Sox offer J.D. Martinez five-year, $100 million deal January 17th, 2018
- Christian Yelich's relationship with Marlins 'irrevocably broken' January 16th, 2018
- Giants' Hunter Pence will move to left field in 2018 January 16th, 2018
- Andrew McCutchen to play right field following trade to Giants January 16th, 2018
- Josh Harrison prefers trade if Pirates aren't looking to compete January 16th, 2018
- Report: Giants acquire Andrew McCutchen from Pirates January 15th, 2018
- Orioles say Manny Machado is 'staying put for now' December 21st, 2017
- Orioles' Zach Britton ruptures Achilles Tuesday, expected to miss at least six months December 20th, 2017
- Anthony Santander out of Sunday's lineup for Orioles October 1st, 2017
- Joey Rickard starting in right field on Sunday for Orioles October 1st, 2017
- Chance Sisco out of Orioles lineup on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Caleb Joseph starting for Orioles on Sunday October 1st, 2017