Orioles' Zach Britton ruptures Achilles Tuesday, expected to miss at least six months
Baltimore Orioles pitcher Zach Britton ruptured his Achilles in a workout on Tuesday, and he is expected to miss at least six months.
This is a huge blow to the back end of the O's bullpen, as well as the team's leverage in a couple of trade scenarios. Britton probably won't be able to return until the second half of the regular season and right now it's unclear who the Orioles will turn to in the ninth inning.
Over 38 appearances in 2017, Britton posted a 2.89 ERA, 3.48 xFIP, and a strike out rate of 18.0%.
- Cardinals' Jose Martinez receiving treatment on left shoulder June 21st, 2018
- Ryan LaMarre enters Twins' lineup versus Red Sox June 21st, 2018
- Eddie Rosario scratched from Twins' lineup Thursday with sore shoulder, Ryan LaMarre to start June 21st, 2018
- Mets' Jay Bruce diagnosed with a hip strain June 21st, 2018
- Denard Span batting third for Seattle on Thursday June 21st, 2018
- Ryan LaMarre heading to Twins' bench against Red Sox June 21st, 2018
- Jace Peterson out of the Orioles' lineup on Wednesday June 20th, 2018
- Orioles' Craig Gentry in the starting lineup against Washington June 20th, 2018
- Trey Mancini batting leadoff for the Orioles on Wednesday June 20th, 2018
- Diamondbacks in contact with Orioles about Manny Machado trade June 19th, 2018
- Craig Gentry moving to Orioles' bench on Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- Corban Joseph absent from Orioles' lineup Tuesday June 19th, 2018