Orioles' Zach Britton ruptures Achilles Tuesday, expected to miss at least six months
Baltimore Orioles pitcher Zach Britton ruptured his Achilles in a workout on Tuesday, and he is expected to miss at least six months.
This is a huge blow to the back end of the O's bullpen, as well as the team's leverage in a couple of trade scenarios. Britton probably won't be able to return until the second half of the regular season and right now it's unclear who the Orioles will turn to in the ninth inning.
Over 38 appearances in 2017, Britton posted a 2.89 ERA, 3.48 xFIP, and a strike out rate of 18.0%.
- Cardinals acquire Paul Goldschmidt from the Diamondbacks December 5th, 2018
- Nationals sign pitcher Patrick Corbin to 6-year, $140M deal December 4th, 2018
- Jay Bruce headed to Seattle as part of Robinson Cano trade December 3rd, 2018
- Seattle finalizes Edwin Diaz trade to the New York Mets December 3rd, 2018
- Seattle's Robinson Cano long-rumoured trade to Mets finally official December 3rd, 2018
- Carlos Santana dealt to Seattle from Philadelphia on Monday December 3rd, 2018
- Mariners send James Paxton to Yankees for 3 minor leaguers November 19th, 2018
- Yankees' Didi Gregorius to have Tommy John surgery October 12th, 2018
- Aaron Hicks (hamstring) starting in Game 4 for Yankees on Tuesday October 9th, 2018
- Neil Walker starting for New York on Tuesday in Game 4 October 9th, 2018
- Miguel Andujar sitting on Tuesday in Game 4 for New York October 9th, 2018
- Andrew McCutchen not in Yankees' Game 4 lineup on Tuesday October 9th, 2018