Orioles' Zach Britton ruptures Achilles Tuesday, expected to miss at least six months
Baltimore Orioles pitcher Zach Britton ruptured his Achilles in a workout on Tuesday, and he is expected to miss at least six months.
This is a huge blow to the back end of the O's bullpen, as well as the team's leverage in a couple of trade scenarios. Britton probably won't be able to return until the second half of the regular season and right now it's unclear who the Orioles will turn to in the ninth inning.
Over 38 appearances in 2017, Britton posted a 2.89 ERA, 3.48 xFIP, and a strike out rate of 18.0%.
- Marlins' J.T. Realmuto (back) expects to be ready for Opening Day March 19th, 2018
- Twins' Jorge Polanco banned 80 games for PEDs March 18th, 2018
- Justin Grimm signs 1-year, $1.25 million deal with Royals March 18th, 2018
- Mets' Jason Vargas has fractured bone in glove hand March 18th, 2018
- Trevor Cahill reportedly signs 1-year deal with Athletics March 18th, 2018
- Jordan Zimmermann named Tigers' Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Orioles' Mark Trumbo (quad) will miss 3-4 weeks March 15th, 2018
- Orioles' Mark Trumbo (quad) undergoing MRI March 15th, 2018
- Danny Valencia signs a minor league deal with the Orioles March 2nd, 2018
- Orioles' Kevin Gausman cuts eye during collision at plate February 26th, 2018
- Orioles' Jonathan Schoop battling elbow bursitis February 23rd, 2018
- Orioles agree to terms with Colby Rasmus February 21st, 2018