Update: Angels officially acquire Ian Kinsler
The Los Angeles Angels have officially acquired second baseman Ian Kinsler, report The Athletic's Ken Rosenthal.
As the Angels land a new second baseman, the Detroit Tigers will receive two prospects in return. They get right-handed pitcher Wilkel Hernandez and outfielder Troy Montgomery. Both are ranked in the top-30 of LA's pipeline. Kinsler has an $11 million vesting option for 2018.
In 2017, Kinsler's -0.19 nERD was his first negative season and far from his 1.83 mark in 2016. He still managed a .725 OPS, 90 runs and 14 stolen bases.
- Report: Giants acquire Andrew McCutchen from Pirates January 15th, 2018
- Astros officially acquire Gerrit Cole from Pirates January 13th, 2018
- Padres, Brad Hand agree to three-year extension January 13th, 2018
- Twins sign Addison Reed to two-year deal January 13th, 2018
- Blue Jays' Josh Donaldson receives record $23 million to avoid arbitration January 12th, 2018
- Jay Bruce back with Mets on three-year deal January 11th, 2018
- Update: Angels officially acquire Ian Kinsler December 13th, 2017
- Angels to acquire four-time All-Star Ian Kinsler from Tigers December 13th, 2017
- Tigers' James McCann is not in the starting lineup Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Jose Iglesias is on the Tigers' bench for Sunday's season finale October 1st, 2017
- Andrew Romine is batting second for the Tigers on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Jeimer Candelario is in the Tigers' lineup on Sunday October 1st, 2017