Update: Angels officially acquire Ian Kinsler
The Los Angeles Angels have officially acquired second baseman Ian Kinsler, report The Athletic's Ken Rosenthal.
As the Angels land a new second baseman, the Detroit Tigers will receive two prospects in return. They get right-handed pitcher Wilkel Hernandez and outfielder Troy Montgomery. Both are ranked in the top-30 of LA's pipeline. Kinsler has an $11 million vesting option for 2018.
In 2017, Kinsler's -0.19 nERD was his first negative season and far from his 1.83 mark in 2016. He still managed a .725 OPS, 90 runs and 14 stolen bases.
- Oakland Khris Davis (illness) will return to action on Wednesday March 20th, 2018
- Pirates to release Daniel Nava March 20th, 2018
- Update: Orioles, Alex Cobb agree on four-year deal March 20th, 2018
- Report: Alex Cobb nearing deal with Orioles March 20th, 2018
- White Sox' Jose Abreu (hamstring) diagnosed with muscle strain March 20th, 2018
- Red Sox tab Chris Sale as Opening Day starter March 20th, 2018
- Angels' Andrew Heaney (elbow) will miss next start March 19th, 2018
- Andrelton Simmons (shoulder) returns for Angels on Thursday March 15th, 2018
- Andrelton Simmons (shoulder) on track to return for Angels on Thursday March 14th, 2018
- Andrelton Simmons day-to-day for Angels with left shoulder strain March 9th, 2018
- Cam Bedrosian reportedly 'current favorite' for Angels' closer job March 9th, 2018
- Angels' Andrelton Simmons to undergo MRI for left shoulder March 8th, 2018