Angels to acquire four-time All-Star Ian Kinsler from Tigers
According to The Athletic's Ken Rosenthal, the Los Angeles Angels will acquire second baseman Ian Kinsler in a trade with the Detroit Tigers.
The deal isn't officially done quite yet. ESPN's Buster Olney is reporting that there is a delay as a result of Kinsler's partial no-trade clause. The Angels are part of the infielder's 10-team list, but it sure seems like the two parties will join forces in due time. There's no further details on the trade, but expect the rebuilding Tigers to get prospects in return.
The 35-year-old Kinsler racked up 22 home runs and 52 RBI in 139 games a year ago. His .236 average was far below his career-average, but Kinsler could get back on track in a revamped Angels lineup.
- Oakland Khris Davis (illness) will return to action on Wednesday March 20th, 2018
- Pirates to release Daniel Nava March 20th, 2018
- Update: Orioles, Alex Cobb agree on four-year deal March 20th, 2018
- Report: Alex Cobb nearing deal with Orioles March 20th, 2018
- White Sox' Jose Abreu (hamstring) diagnosed with muscle strain March 20th, 2018
- Red Sox tab Chris Sale as Opening Day starter March 20th, 2018
- Angels' Andrew Heaney (elbow) will miss next start March 19th, 2018
- Andrelton Simmons (shoulder) returns for Angels on Thursday March 15th, 2018
- Andrelton Simmons (shoulder) on track to return for Angels on Thursday March 14th, 2018
- Andrelton Simmons day-to-day for Angels with left shoulder strain March 9th, 2018
- Cam Bedrosian reportedly 'current favorite' for Angels' closer job March 9th, 2018
- Angels' Andrelton Simmons to undergo MRI for left shoulder March 8th, 2018