Angels to acquire four-time All-Star Ian Kinsler from Tigers
According to The Athletic's Ken Rosenthal, the Los Angeles Angels will acquire second baseman Ian Kinsler in a trade with the Detroit Tigers.
The deal isn't officially done quite yet. ESPN's Buster Olney is reporting that there is a delay as a result of Kinsler's partial no-trade clause. The Angels are part of the infielder's 10-team list, but it sure seems like the two parties will join forces in due time. There's no further details on the trade, but expect the rebuilding Tigers to get prospects in return.
The 35-year-old Kinsler racked up 22 home runs and 52 RBI in 139 games a year ago. His .236 average was far below his career-average, but Kinsler could get back on track in a revamped Angels lineup.
- Giants' Hunter Strickland breaks hand, out 6-to-8 weeks June 19th, 2018
- Gorkys Hernandez moves down to eighth in Giants' lineup on Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- Joe Panik leading off for Giants versus Marlins June 19th, 2018
- Alen Hanson in Giants' Tuesday lineup June 19th, 2018
- Mike Foltynewicz (triceps) scheduled to come off Braves' DL on Sunday June 19th, 2018
- Kelby Tomlinson sitting for San Francisco on Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- David Fletcher starting for Angels on Tuesday evening June 19th, 2018
- Jose Fernandez out of Angels' lineup versus Arizona June 19th, 2018
- Chris Young starting for Angels on Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- Luis Valbuena sitting for Angels on Tuesday night June 19th, 2018
- Angels' Kole Calhoun (oblique) activated off the DL, starting in right on Monday June 18th, 2018
- Chris Young is not in the Angels' lineup on Monday June 18th, 2018