Angels to acquire four-time All-Star Ian Kinsler from Tigers
According to The Athletic's Ken Rosenthal, the Los Angeles Angels will acquire second baseman Ian Kinsler in a trade with the Detroit Tigers.
The deal isn't officially done quite yet. ESPN's Buster Olney is reporting that there is a delay as a result of Kinsler's partial no-trade clause. The Angels are part of the infielder's 10-team list, but it sure seems like the two parties will join forces in due time. There's no further details on the trade, but expect the rebuilding Tigers to get prospects in return.
The 35-year-old Kinsler racked up 22 home runs and 52 RBI in 139 games a year ago. His .236 average was far below his career-average, but Kinsler could get back on track in a revamped Angels lineup.
- Cardinals acquire Paul Goldschmidt from the Diamondbacks December 5th, 2018
- Nationals sign pitcher Patrick Corbin to 6-year, $140M deal December 4th, 2018
- Jay Bruce headed to Seattle as part of Robinson Cano trade December 3rd, 2018
- Seattle finalizes Edwin Diaz trade to the New York Mets December 3rd, 2018
- Seattle's Robinson Cano long-rumoured trade to Mets finally official December 3rd, 2018
- Carlos Santana dealt to Seattle from Philadelphia on Monday December 3rd, 2018
- Boston's Rafael Devers starting at third base on Sunday October 28th, 2018
- Boston's Eduardo Nunez will not start in Game 5 on Sunday October 28th, 2018
- Eduardo Nunez starting for Boston in Game 4 October 27th, 2018
- Steve Pearce in Boston's Game 4 lineup October 27th, 2018
- Andrew Benintendi starting in Game 4 for Boston October 27th, 2018
- Mitch Moreland not in Red Sox' lineup in Game 4 October 27th, 2018