Cardinals acquiring Marlins' Marcell Ozuna
The St. Louis Cardinals are set to acquire Miami Marlins outfielder Marcell Ozuna, according to Sirius XM's Craig Mish.
Others have confirmed the deal, which has been in the works over the last 48 hours or so. It's likely that the Marlins will get back some young pitching and other prospects. It's the second star outfielder that the Marlins have unloaded after sending Giancarlo Stanton to the New York Yankees just a few days ago.
With a 2.87 nERD this season, Ozuna ranked as the 31st-best player in our final power rankings. He hit 37 home runs with 124 RBI and a .393 wOBA over 159 games in 2017.
- Yankees trade starting pitcher Sonny Gray to the Reds January 21st, 2019
- Ben Gamel dealt to Milwaukee on Friday by Seattle December 21st, 2018
- Mariners acquire Domingo Santana from Milwaukee December 21st, 2018
- Kyle Farmer headed to Cincinnati in seven-player trade December 21st, 2018
- Dodgers move Yasiel Puig to Cincinnati on Friday December 21st, 2018
- Alex Wood traded to Cincinnati in seven-player deal December 21st, 2018
- Cardinals acquire Paul Goldschmidt from the Diamondbacks December 5th, 2018
- Yadier Molina sitting for St. Louis in season finale September 30th, 2018
- Jedd Gyorko out of Cardinals' lineup Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Marcell Ozuna on Cardinals' bench versus Cubs September 30th, 2018
- Larry Fitzgerald (hamstring) expected to play in Week 4 for Arizona September 30th, 2018
- Yairo Munoz starting on Saturday for St. Louis September 29th, 2018