Cardinals acquiring Marlins' Marcell Ozuna
The St. Louis Cardinals are set to acquire Miami Marlins outfielder Marcell Ozuna, according to Sirius XM's Craig Mish.
Others have confirmed the deal, which has been in the works over the last 48 hours or so. It's likely that the Marlins will get back some young pitching and other prospects. It's the second star outfielder that the Marlins have unloaded after sending Giancarlo Stanton to the New York Yankees just a few days ago.
With a 2.87 nERD this season, Ozuna ranked as the 31st-best player in our final power rankings. He hit 37 home runs with 124 RBI and a .393 wOBA over 159 games in 2017.
- Report: Giants acquire Andrew McCutchen from Pirates January 15th, 2018
- Astros officially acquire Gerrit Cole from Pirates January 13th, 2018
- Padres, Brad Hand agree to three-year extension January 13th, 2018
- Twins sign Addison Reed to two-year deal January 13th, 2018
- Blue Jays' Josh Donaldson receives record $23 million to avoid arbitration January 12th, 2018
- Jay Bruce back with Mets on three-year deal January 11th, 2018
- Marlins 'intend to hold onto' Christian Yelich December 13th, 2017
- Cardinals acquiring Marlins' Marcell Ozuna December 13th, 2017
- Marlins will receive Starlin Castro, prospects in Giancarlo Stanton deal December 9th, 2017
- Deal reportedly in place to send Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton to Yankees December 9th, 2017
- Giants expect decision from Giancarlo Stanton by week's end December 7th, 2017
- Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton wins NL MVP November 16th, 2017