Marlins will receive Starlin Castro, prospects in Giancarlo Stanton deal
According to the New York Post's Joel Sherman, the Miami Marlins are receiving second baseman/shortstop Starlin Castro, as well as two minor-league prospects, from the New York Yankees in exchange for outfielder Giancarlo Stanton.
The Marlins will be the 28-year-old's third team in four years and will pick up the remaining two years and $22.7 million left on his contract. He carries a $16 million club option for 2020. As for the two prospects, they are 21-year-old pitcher Jorge Guzman and 18-year-old shortstop Jose Devers, cousin of Boston Red Sox third baseman Rafael Devers.
Last season, Castro played in 112 games, accounted for 16 home runs and 63 RBI, and hit to a .345 wOBA for the Yankees.
- Red Sox offer J.D. Martinez five-year, $100 million deal January 17th, 2018
- Christian Yelich's relationship with Marlins 'irrevocably broken' January 16th, 2018
- Giants' Hunter Pence will move to left field in 2018 January 16th, 2018
- Andrew McCutchen to play right field following trade to Giants January 16th, 2018
- Josh Harrison prefers trade if Pirates aren't looking to compete January 16th, 2018
- Report: Giants acquire Andrew McCutchen from Pirates January 15th, 2018
- Padres acquire Chase Headley and Bryan Mitchell in trade with Yankees December 12th, 2017
- Marlins will receive Starlin Castro, prospects in Giancarlo Stanton deal December 9th, 2017
- Deal reportedly in place to send Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton to Yankees December 9th, 2017
- Yankees' outfielder Aaron Judge undergoes shoulder surgery November 21st, 2017
- Yankees' Aaron Judge unanimous winner of American League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- Yankees' manager Joe Girardi will not return despite ALCS appearance October 26th, 2017