Marlins will receive Starlin Castro, prospects in Giancarlo Stanton deal
According to the New York Post's Joel Sherman, the Miami Marlins are receiving second baseman/shortstop Starlin Castro, as well as two minor-league prospects, from the New York Yankees in exchange for outfielder Giancarlo Stanton.
The Marlins will be the 28-year-old's third team in four years and will pick up the remaining two years and $22.7 million left on his contract. He carries a $16 million club option for 2020. As for the two prospects, they are 21-year-old pitcher Jorge Guzman and 18-year-old shortstop Jose Devers, cousin of Boston Red Sox third baseman Rafael Devers.
Last season, Castro played in 112 games, accounted for 16 home runs and 63 RBI, and hit to a .345 wOBA for the Yankees.
- Cardinals' Jose Martinez receiving treatment on left shoulder June 21st, 2018
- Ryan LaMarre enters Twins' lineup versus Red Sox June 21st, 2018
- Eddie Rosario scratched from Twins' lineup Thursday with sore shoulder, Ryan LaMarre to start June 21st, 2018
- Mets' Jay Bruce diagnosed with a hip strain June 21st, 2018
- Denard Span batting third for Seattle on Thursday June 21st, 2018
- Ryan LaMarre heading to Twins' bench against Red Sox June 21st, 2018
- Cameron Maybin hitting cleanup Wednesday for Marlins June 20th, 2018
- Derek Dietrich not in Marlins' lineup Wednesday against Giants June 20th, 2018
- Starlin Castro leading off as Marlins play Giants June 20th, 2018
- Miami's J.T. Riddle starting at shortstop on Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- Derek Dietrich back in the leadoff spot on Tuesday for Miami June 19th, 2018
- Yadiel Rivera not in the Marlins' lineup on Tuesday June 19th, 2018