Marlins will receive Starlin Castro, prospects in Giancarlo Stanton deal
According to the New York Post's Joel Sherman, the Miami Marlins are receiving second baseman/shortstop Starlin Castro, as well as two minor-league prospects, from the New York Yankees in exchange for outfielder Giancarlo Stanton.
The Marlins will be the 28-year-old's third team in four years and will pick up the remaining two years and $22.7 million left on his contract. He carries a $16 million club option for 2020. As for the two prospects, they are 21-year-old pitcher Jorge Guzman and 18-year-old shortstop Jose Devers, cousin of Boston Red Sox third baseman Rafael Devers.
Last season, Castro played in 112 games, accounted for 16 home runs and 63 RBI, and hit to a .345 wOBA for the Yankees.
- Twins' Jorge Polanco banned 80 games for PEDs March 18th, 2018
- Justin Grimm signs 1-year, $1.25 million deal with Royals March 18th, 2018
- Mets' Jason Vargas has fractured bone in glove hand March 18th, 2018
- Trevor Cahill reportedly signs 1-year deal with Athletics March 18th, 2018
- Jordan Zimmermann named Tigers' Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Bannister: Rangers' Joey Gallo batting second 'a real possibility' March 17th, 2018
- Marlins' J.T. Realmuto (back) expects to be ready for Opening Day March 19th, 2018
- Marlins' Martin Prado (knee) will not be ready by Opening Day March 14th, 2018
- J.T. Realmuto (knee) scratched from Marlins' lineup on Friday March 9th, 2018
- Marlins sign Cameron Maybin to one-year deal February 21st, 2018
- Marlins trade Christian Yelich to Brewers in 5-player deal January 25th, 2018
- Christian Yelich's relationship with Marlins 'irrevocably broken' January 16th, 2018