Marlins will receive Starlin Castro, prospects in Giancarlo Stanton deal
According to the New York Post's Joel Sherman, the Miami Marlins are receiving second baseman/shortstop Starlin Castro, as well as two minor-league prospects, from the New York Yankees in exchange for outfielder Giancarlo Stanton.
The Marlins will be the 28-year-old's third team in four years and will pick up the remaining two years and $22.7 million left on his contract. He carries a $16 million club option for 2020. As for the two prospects, they are 21-year-old pitcher Jorge Guzman and 18-year-old shortstop Jose Devers, cousin of Boston Red Sox third baseman Rafael Devers.
Last season, Castro played in 112 games, accounted for 16 home runs and 63 RBI, and hit to a .345 wOBA for the Yankees.
- Cardinals acquire Paul Goldschmidt from the Diamondbacks December 5th, 2018
- Nationals sign pitcher Patrick Corbin to 6-year, $140M deal December 4th, 2018
- Jay Bruce headed to Seattle as part of Robinson Cano trade December 3rd, 2018
- Seattle finalizes Edwin Diaz trade to the New York Mets December 3rd, 2018
- Seattle's Robinson Cano long-rumoured trade to Mets finally official December 3rd, 2018
- Carlos Santana dealt to Seattle from Philadelphia on Monday December 3rd, 2018
- Chad Wallach starting for Marlins on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Marlins' Isaac Galloway batting sixth on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Derek Dietrich batting third for Marlins on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- JT Riddle batting leadoff for Marlins on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Bryan Holaday in Marlins' Saturday lineup September 29th, 2018
- Isaac Galloway starting for Marlins on Saturday September 29th, 2018