Deal reportedly in place to send Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton to Yankees
According to FanRag Sports' Jon Heyman, the Miami Marlins have agreed on a deal to send outfielder Giancarlo Stanton to the New York Yankees.
The deal hasn't been made official yet, but Miami's return is expected to be second baseman Starlin Castro along with a few prospects, none of which have been identified yet. Stanton is fully expected to approve the trade to New York, having named the Yankees as one of the teams he would be willing to be traded to despite his no-trade clause. There's been no word on if the Marlins will pay any of the money remaining on the slugger's 13-year, $325 million contract.
In 2017, Stanton led the majors with 59 home runs. He slashed .281/.376/.631 and finished the year 5th among all hitters with a 3.80 nERD.
- Marlins' J.T. Realmuto (back) expects to be ready for Opening Day March 19th, 2018
- Twins' Jorge Polanco banned 80 games for PEDs March 18th, 2018
- Justin Grimm signs 1-year, $1.25 million deal with Royals March 18th, 2018
- Mets' Jason Vargas has fractured bone in glove hand March 18th, 2018
- Trevor Cahill reportedly signs 1-year deal with Athletics March 18th, 2018
- Jordan Zimmermann named Tigers' Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Neil Walker signing with Yankees pending a physical March 12th, 2018
- Yankees sign Adam Lind to minor league deal March 2nd, 2018
- Yankees' Clint Frazier (concussion) taking swings on Wednesday February 28th, 2018
- Yankees' Aaron Judge (shoulder) will make his spring debut on Wednesday February 27th, 2018
- Yankees' Clint Frazier diagnosed with a concussion February 26th, 2018
- Steven Souza sent to Diamondbacks in three-team deal February 21st, 2018