Deal reportedly in place to send Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton to Yankees
According to FanRag Sports' Jon Heyman, the Miami Marlins have agreed on a deal to send outfielder Giancarlo Stanton to the New York Yankees.
The deal hasn't been made official yet, but Miami's return is expected to be second baseman Starlin Castro along with a few prospects, none of which have been identified yet. Stanton is fully expected to approve the trade to New York, having named the Yankees as one of the teams he would be willing to be traded to despite his no-trade clause. There's been no word on if the Marlins will pay any of the money remaining on the slugger's 13-year, $325 million contract.
In 2017, Stanton led the majors with 59 home runs. He slashed .281/.376/.631 and finished the year 5th among all hitters with a 3.80 nERD.
- Cardinals acquire Paul Goldschmidt from the Diamondbacks December 5th, 2018
- Nationals sign pitcher Patrick Corbin to 6-year, $140M deal December 4th, 2018
- Jay Bruce headed to Seattle as part of Robinson Cano trade December 3rd, 2018
- Seattle finalizes Edwin Diaz trade to the New York Mets December 3rd, 2018
- Seattle's Robinson Cano long-rumoured trade to Mets finally official December 3rd, 2018
- Carlos Santana dealt to Seattle from Philadelphia on Monday December 3rd, 2018
- Mariners send James Paxton to Yankees for 3 minor leaguers November 19th, 2018
- Yankees' Didi Gregorius to have Tommy John surgery October 12th, 2018
- Aaron Hicks (hamstring) starting in Game 4 for Yankees on Tuesday October 9th, 2018
- Neil Walker starting for New York on Tuesday in Game 4 October 9th, 2018
- Miguel Andujar sitting on Tuesday in Game 4 for New York October 9th, 2018
- Andrew McCutchen not in Yankees' Game 4 lineup on Tuesday October 9th, 2018