Yankees name Masahiro Tanaka as Game 1 starter
The New York Yankees have announced that Masahiro Tanaka will start Game 1 of the ALCS against the Houston Astros.
Tanaka went seven scoreless innings with seven strikeouts in New York's Game 3 victory over the Cleveland Indians. Over his last two outings, the Japanese right-hander has recorded 22 strikeouts over 14 scoreless frames.
Tanaka finished the 2017 regular season with a 9.79 K/9 and a 4.34 FIP over 30 starts.
- Cardinals acquiring Marlins' Marcell Ozuna December 13th, 2017
- Shohei Ohtani signs with the Los Angeles Angels December 8th, 2017
- Mariners acquire Dee Gordon from Marlins for prospects December 7th, 2017
- Giants expect decision from Giancarlo Stanton by week's end December 7th, 2017
- White Sox sign Welington Castillo to two-year deal December 1st, 2017
- Houston's Jose Altuve named the 2017 American League MVP November 16th, 2017
- Padres acquire Chase Headley and Bryan Mitchell in trade with Yankees December 12th, 2017
- Marlins will receive Starlin Castro, prospects in Giancarlo Stanton deal December 9th, 2017
- Deal reportedly in place to send Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton to Yankees December 9th, 2017
- Yankees' outfielder Aaron Judge undergoes shoulder surgery November 21st, 2017
- Yankees' Aaron Judge unanimous winner of American League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- Yankees' manager Joe Girardi will not return despite ALCS appearance October 26th, 2017