Yankees name Masahiro Tanaka as Game 1 starter
The New York Yankees have announced that Masahiro Tanaka will start Game 1 of the ALCS against the Houston Astros.
Tanaka went seven scoreless innings with seven strikeouts in New York's Game 3 victory over the Cleveland Indians. Over his last two outings, the Japanese right-hander has recorded 22 strikeouts over 14 scoreless frames.
Tanaka finished the 2017 regular season with a 9.79 K/9 and a 4.34 FIP over 30 starts.
- Athletics' Mark Canha not starting on Monday afternoon June 25th, 2018
- Chad Pinder out of the Athletics' lineup on Monday June 25th, 2018
- Athletics call up Edwin Jackson for 2018 debut Monday June 25th, 2018
- Grayson Greiner behind the plate for Detroit versus Oakland June 25th, 2018
- Dixon Machado starting for Detroit on Monday June 25th, 2018
- Salvador Perez is starting behind the plate Monday for Royals June 25th, 2018
- Gary Sanchez (groin) to be placed on Yankees' disabled list Monday June 25th, 2018
- Yankees say Gary Sanchez (groin) is likely headed to the disabled list June 25th, 2018
- Gary Sanchez returns to Yankees' Sunday lineup June 24th, 2018
- Gleyber Torres back at second base Sunday for New York June 24th, 2018
- Austin Romine sitting out as Yankees host Rays June 24th, 2018
- Greg Bird sitting out Sunday for Yankees June 24th, 2018