Yankees name Masahiro Tanaka as Game 1 starter
The New York Yankees have announced that Masahiro Tanaka will start Game 1 of the ALCS against the Houston Astros.
Tanaka went seven scoreless innings with seven strikeouts in New York's Game 3 victory over the Cleveland Indians. Over his last two outings, the Japanese right-hander has recorded 22 strikeouts over 14 scoreless frames.
Tanaka finished the 2017 regular season with a 9.79 K/9 and a 4.34 FIP over 30 starts.
- Rays sign Carlos Gomez to one-year deal February 21st, 2018
- Orioles agree to terms with Colby Rasmus February 21st, 2018
- Astros prospect Forrest Whitley suspended for violating drug program February 21st, 2018
- Yuli Gurriel will move around infield this season for Astros February 21st, 2018
- Marlins sign Cameron Maybin to one-year deal February 21st, 2018
- Joey Gallo to serve as Rangers' everyday first baseman in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Steven Souza sent to Diamondbacks in three-team deal February 21st, 2018
- Yankees land Brandon Drury from Diamondbacks in three-team trade February 21st, 2018
- Yankees' Aaron Judge says left shoulder 'right on schedule' February 14th, 2018
- Rangers trade MLB rights of Seahawks' quarterback Russell Wilson to Yankees for future considerations February 7th, 2018
- Dodgers' free agent Yu Darvish expected to sign with a team this week January 28th, 2018
- Padres acquire Chase Headley and Bryan Mitchell in trade with Yankees December 12th, 2017