Yankees name Masahiro Tanaka as Game 1 starter
The New York Yankees have announced that Masahiro Tanaka will start Game 1 of the ALCS against the Houston Astros.
Tanaka went seven scoreless innings with seven strikeouts in New York's Game 3 victory over the Cleveland Indians. Over his last two outings, the Japanese right-hander has recorded 22 strikeouts over 14 scoreless frames.
Tanaka finished the 2017 regular season with a 9.79 K/9 and a 4.34 FIP over 30 starts.
- Dodgers' Austin Barnes is out of the lineup for Game 4 October 18th, 2017
- Joc Pederson is out of the Dodgers' lineup for Game 4 October 18th, 2017
- Yasmani Grandal is behind the plate for the Dodgers in Game 4 October 18th, 2017
- Dodgers' Curtis Granderson is batting sixth in Game 4 October 18th, 2017
- Cubs' Javier Baez is starting at second base in Game 4 October 18th, 2017
- Jason Heyward is out of the Cubs' lineup for Game 4 October 18th, 2017
- Austin Romine out of Yankees' Game 5 lineup October 18th, 2017
- Yankees' Chase Headley in at DH for ALCS Game 5 October 18th, 2017
- Aaron Hicks batting fifth on Wednesday for Yankees October 18th, 2017
- Yankees' Greg Bird hitting seventh in Game 5 of ALCS October 18th, 2017
- Austin Romine catching for Yankees in Game 4 versus Astros October 17th, 2017
- Chase Headley on Yankees' bench for Game 4 October 17th, 2017