Ben Zobrist not in Cubs' Game 5 lineup on Thursday
Chicago Cubs second baseman/left fielder Ben Zobrist is absent from the club's starting lineup for Game 5 of the NLDS.
With the Cubs facing Gio Gonzalez and the Washington Nationals on Thursday, Zobrist will make way for Albert Almora in the outfield as Jon Jay plays left.
Zobrist is 3-for-15 with 2 doubles and 3 strikeouts so far in the series. He hasn't been the strongest hitter against lefties, but could be valuable off the bench in tonight's decisive Game 5.
- Dejounte Murray listed as a starter on Sunday as Spurs face Pacers January 21st, 2018
- Blue Jays acquire Randal Grichuk in trade with Cardinals January 19th, 2018
- Red Sox offer J.D. Martinez five-year, $100 million deal January 17th, 2018
- Christian Yelich's relationship with Marlins 'irrevocably broken' January 16th, 2018
- Giants' Hunter Pence will move to left field in 2018 January 16th, 2018
- Andrew McCutchen to play right field following trade to Giants January 16th, 2018
- Cubs' Ben Zobrist is batting eighth in Game 5 October 19th, 2017
- Jon Jay is not in the Cubs' Game 5 starting lineup October 19th, 2017
- Cubs' Javier Baez is starting at second base in Game 4 October 18th, 2017
- Jason Heyward is out of the Cubs' lineup for Game 4 October 18th, 2017
- Ben Zobrist is out of the Cubs' lineup for Game 4 October 18th, 2017
- Cubs' Albert Almora is leading off in Game 4 October 18th, 2017