Nationals' Gio Gonzalez will start Game 5 of NLDS
The Washington Nationals have named Gio Gonzalez as the starting pitcher for Game 5 of the NLDS against the Chicago Cubs.
While it was always likely that Gonzalez would get the ball in the do-or-die Game 5, there was some speculation that the Nats could have rolled with Tanner Roark on Thursday night. Gonzalez allowed three runs over five innings in Game 2 against the Cubs. The 32-year-old southpaw sported a 2.96 ERA and 3.93 FIP in 32 starts for the Nats this season.
Our models project Gonzalez will post 30.6 FanDuel points with 2.4 earned runs over 6.2 innings pitched while recording 4.9 strikeouts. numberFire gives the Nats a 55.8% chance of winning the game.
- Kendrys Morales (hamstring) back in the Blue Jays' lineup on Friday April 20th, 2018
- Seattle's Ben Gamel out of the lineup on Friday April 20th, 2018
- Curtis Granderson leading off for Toronto on Friday April 20th, 2018
- Guillermo Heredia starting for the Mariners on Friday April 20th, 2018
- Rays' Jesus Sucre out against Minnesota April 20th, 2018
- Mike Zunino catching for Seattle on Friday April 20th, 2018
- Ryan Zimmerman clubs 2 homers, drives in 4 runs for Nationals April 19th, 2018
- Anthony Rendon (toe) remains out for Nationals on Wednesday April 18th, 2018
- Pedro Severino catching for the Nationals on Tuesday April 17th, 2018
- Nationals' Matt Wieters out of the lineup on Tuesday April 17th, 2018
- Nationals' Moises Sierra in the lineup against the Mets April 17th, 2018
- Matt Adams out of the Nationals' lineup on Tuesday April 17th, 2018