Nationals' Gio Gonzalez will start Game 5 of NLDS
The Washington Nationals have named Gio Gonzalez as the starting pitcher for Game 5 of the NLDS against the Chicago Cubs.
While it was always likely that Gonzalez would get the ball in the do-or-die Game 5, there was some speculation that the Nats could have rolled with Tanner Roark on Thursday night. Gonzalez allowed three runs over five innings in Game 2 against the Cubs. The 32-year-old southpaw sported a 2.96 ERA and 3.93 FIP in 32 starts for the Nats this season.
Our models project Gonzalez will post 30.6 FanDuel points with 2.4 earned runs over 6.2 innings pitched while recording 4.9 strikeouts. numberFire gives the Nats a 55.8% chance of winning the game.
- Dejounte Murray listed as a starter on Sunday as Spurs face Pacers January 21st, 2018
- Blue Jays acquire Randal Grichuk in trade with Cardinals January 19th, 2018
- Red Sox offer J.D. Martinez five-year, $100 million deal January 17th, 2018
- Christian Yelich's relationship with Marlins 'irrevocably broken' January 16th, 2018
- Giants' Hunter Pence will move to left field in 2018 January 16th, 2018
- Andrew McCutchen to play right field following trade to Giants January 16th, 2018
- Nationals won't bring Dusty Baker back in 2018 October 20th, 2017
- Nationals' Gio Gonzalez will start Game 5 of NLDS October 12th, 2017
- Nationals undecided on starter for NLDS Game 5 October 12th, 2017
- Tanner Roark could start Game 5 of NLDS for Nationals October 11th, 2017
- Nationals announce Stephen Strasburg as Game 4 starter October 11th, 2017
- Nationals' Stephen Strasburg expected to start Game 4 of NLDS October 11th, 2017