Nationals' Gio Gonzalez will start Game 5 of NLDS
The Washington Nationals have named Gio Gonzalez as the starting pitcher for Game 5 of the NLDS against the Chicago Cubs.
While it was always likely that Gonzalez would get the ball in the do-or-die Game 5, there was some speculation that the Nats could have rolled with Tanner Roark on Thursday night. Gonzalez allowed three runs over five innings in Game 2 against the Cubs. The 32-year-old southpaw sported a 2.96 ERA and 3.93 FIP in 32 starts for the Nats this season.
Our models project Gonzalez will post 30.6 FanDuel points with 2.4 earned runs over 6.2 innings pitched while recording 4.9 strikeouts. numberFire gives the Nats a 55.8% chance of winning the game.
- Chris Sale to start All-Star Game for American League July 16th, 2018
- Yoenis Cespedes (hip) could return for Mets on Friday July 16th, 2018
- Red Sox's Eduardo Rodriguez suffers 'serious damage' to ankle July 16th, 2018
- Josh Bell hits a walk-off double to carry Pirates past Brewers July 16th, 2018
- Brian Dozier blasts walk-off grand slam to lift Twins over Rays July 16th, 2018
- Pirates option Austin Meadows to Triple-A July 15th, 2018
- Max Scherzer draws another start for National League in All-Star Game July 16th, 2018
- Nationals-Mets expected to start at 1:55pm ET on Sunday July 15th, 2018
- Matt Wieters is starting for Nationals on Sunday July 15th, 2018
- Wilmer Difo is at second base Sunday for Nationals July 15th, 2018
- Daniel Murphy not in Washington's lineup Sunday in New York July 15th, 2018
- Michael Taylor starting in centerfield Sunday for Nationals July 15th, 2018