Nationals undecided on starter for NLDS Game 5
Washington Nationals manager Dusty Baker would not name a Game 5 starter following Wednesday's win, reports MASN Sports' Mark Zuckerman.
Baker said that it would either be Gio Gonzalez or Tanner Roark on Thursday, but he still hasn't made a decision on the matter yet. He avoided using Roark in yesterday's game so that keeps him in the mix for tonight's game. He last threw 11 days ago while Gonzalez pitched Game 2 on Saturday.
Our metrics have Gonzalez, with a 2.92 nERD, pegged as the 2nd-best starter (behind Max Scherzer) on the Nationals' roster. He is the favorite to start, but Roark isn't far behind (2.71 nERD) and figures to be available out of the bullpen in Game 5.
- Yasmani Grandal is not in the Dodgers' Game 5 lineup October 19th, 2017
- Curtis Granderson is on the Dodgers' bench for Game 5 against the Cubs October 19th, 2017
- Andre Ethier is not in the Dodgers' Game 5 lineup October 19th, 2017
- Dodgers' Chase Utley will not start in Game 5 against the Cubs October 19th, 2017
- Logan Forsythe is in the Dodgers' Game 5 lineup on Thursday October 19th, 2017
- Kike Hernandez gets the start for the Dodgers in Game 5 October 19th, 2017
- Nationals won't bring Dusty Baker back in 2018 October 20th, 2017
- Nationals' Gio Gonzalez will start Game 5 of NLDS October 12th, 2017
- Nationals undecided on starter for NLDS Game 5 October 12th, 2017
- Tanner Roark could start Game 5 of NLDS for Nationals October 11th, 2017
- Nationals announce Stephen Strasburg as Game 4 starter October 11th, 2017
- Nationals' Stephen Strasburg expected to start Game 4 of NLDS October 11th, 2017