Nationals undecided on starter for NLDS Game 5
Washington Nationals manager Dusty Baker would not name a Game 5 starter following Wednesday's win, reports MASN Sports' Mark Zuckerman.
Baker said that it would either be Gio Gonzalez or Tanner Roark on Thursday, but he still hasn't made a decision on the matter yet. He avoided using Roark in yesterday's game so that keeps him in the mix for tonight's game. He last threw 11 days ago while Gonzalez pitched Game 2 on Saturday.
Our metrics have Gonzalez, with a 2.92 nERD, pegged as the 2nd-best starter (behind Max Scherzer) on the Nationals' roster. He is the favorite to start, but Roark isn't far behind (2.71 nERD) and figures to be available out of the bullpen in Game 5.
- Chris Sale to start All-Star Game for American League July 16th, 2018
- Yoenis Cespedes (hip) could return for Mets on Friday July 16th, 2018
- Red Sox's Eduardo Rodriguez suffers 'serious damage' to ankle July 16th, 2018
- Josh Bell hits a walk-off double to carry Pirates past Brewers July 16th, 2018
- Brian Dozier blasts walk-off grand slam to lift Twins over Rays July 16th, 2018
- Pirates option Austin Meadows to Triple-A July 15th, 2018
- Max Scherzer draws another start for National League in All-Star Game July 16th, 2018
- Nationals-Mets expected to start at 1:55pm ET on Sunday July 15th, 2018
- Matt Wieters is starting for Nationals on Sunday July 15th, 2018
- Wilmer Difo is at second base Sunday for Nationals July 15th, 2018
- Daniel Murphy not in Washington's lineup Sunday in New York July 15th, 2018
- Michael Taylor starting in centerfield Sunday for Nationals July 15th, 2018