Nationals undecided on starter for NLDS Game 5
Washington Nationals manager Dusty Baker would not name a Game 5 starter following Wednesday's win, reports MASN Sports' Mark Zuckerman.
Baker said that it would either be Gio Gonzalez or Tanner Roark on Thursday, but he still hasn't made a decision on the matter yet. He avoided using Roark in yesterday's game so that keeps him in the mix for tonight's game. He last threw 11 days ago while Gonzalez pitched Game 2 on Saturday.
Our metrics have Gonzalez, with a 2.92 nERD, pegged as the 2nd-best starter (behind Max Scherzer) on the Nationals' roster. He is the favorite to start, but Roark isn't far behind (2.71 nERD) and figures to be available out of the bullpen in Game 5.
- Report: Giants acquire Andrew McCutchen from Pirates January 15th, 2018
- Astros officially acquire Gerrit Cole from Pirates January 13th, 2018
- Padres, Brad Hand agree to three-year extension January 13th, 2018
- Twins sign Addison Reed to two-year deal January 13th, 2018
- Blue Jays' Josh Donaldson receives record $23 million to avoid arbitration January 12th, 2018
- Jay Bruce back with Mets on three-year deal January 11th, 2018
- Nationals won't bring Dusty Baker back in 2018 October 20th, 2017
- Nationals' Gio Gonzalez will start Game 5 of NLDS October 12th, 2017
- Nationals undecided on starter for NLDS Game 5 October 12th, 2017
- Tanner Roark could start Game 5 of NLDS for Nationals October 11th, 2017
- Nationals announce Stephen Strasburg as Game 4 starter October 11th, 2017
- Nationals' Stephen Strasburg expected to start Game 4 of NLDS October 11th, 2017