Nationals undecided on starter for NLDS Game 5
Washington Nationals manager Dusty Baker would not name a Game 5 starter following Wednesday's win, reports MASN Sports' Mark Zuckerman.
Baker said that it would either be Gio Gonzalez or Tanner Roark on Thursday, but he still hasn't made a decision on the matter yet. He avoided using Roark in yesterday's game so that keeps him in the mix for tonight's game. He last threw 11 days ago while Gonzalez pitched Game 2 on Saturday.
Our metrics have Gonzalez, with a 2.92 nERD, pegged as the 2nd-best starter (behind Max Scherzer) on the Nationals' roster. He is the favorite to start, but Roark isn't far behind (2.71 nERD) and figures to be available out of the bullpen in Game 5.
- Jordan Zimmermann named Tigers' Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Bannister: Rangers' Joey Gallo batting second 'a real possibility' March 17th, 2018
- White Sox tag veteran James Shields as Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Javier Baez (hamstring) returning to the field Sunday for Cubs March 17th, 2018
- Mets' Yoenis Cespedes (wrist) will return to action on Monday March 17th, 2018
- Mariners' Erasmo Ramirez (shoudler) not expected to be ready for start of regular season March 17th, 2018
- Nationals' Adam Eaton (knee) has played in minor league games March 11th, 2018
- Nats' Daniel Murphy (knee) unlikely to be ready for Opening Day March 5th, 2018
- Nationals' Bryce Harper not talking beyond 2018 season February 19th, 2018
- Nats' Adam Eaton (knee) cleared for spring training, hopes to be ready Opening Day February 13th, 2018
- Nationals won't bring Dusty Baker back in 2018 October 20th, 2017
- Nationals' Gio Gonzalez will start Game 5 of NLDS October 12th, 2017