Nationals undecided on starter for NLDS Game 5
Washington Nationals manager Dusty Baker would not name a Game 5 starter following Wednesday's win, reports MASN Sports' Mark Zuckerman.
Baker said that it would either be Gio Gonzalez or Tanner Roark on Thursday, but he still hasn't made a decision on the matter yet. He avoided using Roark in yesterday's game so that keeps him in the mix for tonight's game. He last threw 11 days ago while Gonzalez pitched Game 2 on Saturday.
Our metrics have Gonzalez, with a 2.92 nERD, pegged as the 2nd-best starter (behind Max Scherzer) on the Nationals' roster. He is the favorite to start, but Roark isn't far behind (2.71 nERD) and figures to be available out of the bullpen in Game 5.
- Johnny Field not in Rays' lineup on Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- Brock Holt heads to the Boston bench on Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- Christian Vazquez is not in the lineup Tuesday for Boston June 19th, 2018
- Jose Altuve receiving a rare day off Tuesday in Houston June 19th, 2018
- Cleveland's Roberto Perez returns to the bench Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- Willy Adames not in Rays' Tuesday lineup June 19th, 2018
- Yankees-Nationals Game 2 will start at 6:45pm ET, FanDuel main slate to lock at first pitch June 18th, 2018
- Daniel Murphy on Nationals' bench for Game 2 versus Yankees June 18th, 2018
- Adam Eaton leading off for Nats in Game 2 on Monday June 18th, 2018
- Pedro Severino starting for Nationals in Game 2 on Monday night June 18th, 2018
- Mark Reynolds starting at first base for Washington in Game 2 on Monday June 18th, 2018
- Jeremy Hellickson (hamstring) to throw a simulated game on Tuesday for Washington June 18th, 2018