Max Scherzer is available out of Nationals' bullpen in Game 4
Washington Nationals starting pitcher Max Scherzer will be available out of the bullpen in Wednesday's postponed NLDS Game 4 versus the Chicago Cubs.
Because of the extra day off due to Tuesday's postponement, Scherzer is available for an inning of relief work if needed. Tanner Roark will start this one with Stephen Strasburg being pushed back to a potential Game 5. It's all hands on deck for the Nationals as they face elimination on Wednesday in Chicago.
Against Tanner Roark and the Nats tonight, our Matchup Heat Map has the Cubs with a 4.13 implied total, which ranks 2nd out of the four teams in action on Wednesday.
- Rays sign Carlos Gomez to one-year deal February 21st, 2018
- Steven Souza sent to Diamondbacks in three-team deal February 21st, 2018
- Yankees land Brandon Drury from Diamondbacks in three-team trade February 21st, 2018
- Orioles agree to terms with Colby Rasmus February 21st, 2018
- Astros prospect Forrest Whitley suspended for violating drug program February 21st, 2018
- Yuli Gurriel will move around infield this season for Astros February 21st, 2018
- Nationals' Bryce Harper not talking beyond 2018 season February 19th, 2018
- Nats' Adam Eaton (knee) cleared for spring training, hopes to be ready Opening Day February 13th, 2018
- Nationals won't bring Dusty Baker back in 2018 October 20th, 2017
- Nationals' Gio Gonzalez will start Game 5 of NLDS October 12th, 2017
- Nationals undecided on starter for NLDS Game 5 October 12th, 2017
- Tanner Roark could start Game 5 of NLDS for Nationals October 11th, 2017