Tanner Roark to remain Washington's Game 4 starter
Washington Nationals manager Dusty Baker says that pitcher Tanner Roark will pitch Game 4 on Wednesday, according to MLB.com's Carrie Muskat.
Game 4 was originally set to be played Tuesday, but it was ultimately rained out. Given that, there was a chance that Stephen Strasburg would replace Roark in Game 4. But, Strasburg pitched a bullpen session and is dealing with a little of an illness so Roark will face the Chicago Cubs as he looks to keep the Nationals alive in the postseason.
In 30 starts this season, Roark has gone 13-11 with a 4.13 FIP and 8.24 strikeouts per 9 innings. He is averaging 28.3 FanDuel points per game and is projected for 26.8 at a price of $8,300 tomorrow.
- Cardinals acquiring Marlins' Marcell Ozuna December 13th, 2017
- Padres acquire Chase Headley and Bryan Mitchell in trade with Yankees December 12th, 2017
- Marlins will receive Starlin Castro, prospects in Giancarlo Stanton deal December 9th, 2017
- Deal reportedly in place to send Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton to Yankees December 9th, 2017
- Shohei Ohtani signs with the Los Angeles Angels December 8th, 2017
- Mariners acquire Dee Gordon from Marlins for prospects December 7th, 2017
- Nationals won't bring Dusty Baker back in 2018 October 20th, 2017
- Nationals' Gio Gonzalez will start Game 5 of NLDS October 12th, 2017
- Nationals undecided on starter for NLDS Game 5 October 12th, 2017
- Tanner Roark could start Game 5 of NLDS for Nationals October 11th, 2017
- Nationals announce Stephen Strasburg as Game 4 starter October 11th, 2017
- Nationals' Stephen Strasburg expected to start Game 4 of NLDS October 11th, 2017