White Sox' Lucas Giolito will not make another start in 2017
Chicago White Sox pitcher Lucas Giolito is done pitching for the season, according to MLB.com's Scott Merkin.
In addition to Giolito, fellow pitcher James Shields will also be done for the year. While the 35-year-old Shields is having PRP injections done on both of his knees, the 23-year-old Giolito has reached his innings limit. There's no word yet on Friday's starter, but Chris Volstad will take the bump on Sunday.
Including his time at Triple-A, Giolito pitched 174 innings this season. At the big-league level alone, he went 3-3 in 7 starts while accounting for a 2.38 ERA and 4.94 FIP. He finished off the year with 3 straight quality starts and a 1.80 ERA across those games.
- Cubs' Patrick Wisdom operating third base on Thursday May 19th, 2022
- Yan Gomes behind the plate for Cubs on Thursday May 19th, 2022
- Alfonso Rivas heads to Chicago's bench on Thursday night May 19th, 2022
- Michael Brantley on Astros' bench Thursday evening May 19th, 2022
- Yuli Gurriel idle Thursday for Astros May 19th, 2022
- Brad Miller on bench Thursday for Texas May 19th, 2022
- Leury Garcia left off White Sox's lineup versus Royals May 19th, 2022
- Yasmani Grandal grabbing seat Thursday afternoon for White Sox May 19th, 2022
- Adam Engel absent from White Sox's lineup Thursday afternoon May 19th, 2022
- Chicago's Gavin Sheets receives Wednesday off May 18th, 2022
- Jose Abreu operating first base for White Sox on Wednesday May 18th, 2022
- White Sox's Tim Anderson leading off on Wednesday night May 18th, 2022