Cardinals' Yadier Molina (concussion protocol) lifted from Monday's game
St. Louis Cardinals catcher Yaider Molina left Monday's game after taking two straight foul tips off his mask in the seventh inning.
According to NBC Sports' Ryan Boyer, Molina vomited as he walked off the field in the seventh inning. He should be put through the concussion protocol and will likely miss a few games this week. Carson Kelly took over on Monday and will likely draw a couple starts for Molina.
Molina has put together a great hitting season in 2017. While accounting for a .320 wOBA, the 35-year-old has churned out 18 homers and 82 RBI in 136 games and 543 plate appearances.
- Guillermo Heredia rounds out bottom of Mariners' order on Saturday August 18th, 2018
- Cory Spangenberg batting fifth for Padres on Saturday August 18th, 2018
- Travis Jankowski leads off Padres' lineup on Saturday night August 18th, 2018
- Robinson Chirinos behind the plate for Rangers on Saturday night August 18th, 2018
- Adrian Beltre batting third for Rangers on Saturday August 18th, 2018
- Angels' Jefry Marte will bat seventh in Saturday's lineup August 18th, 2018
- Tyler O'Neill batting clean-up for Cardinals on Saturday August 18th, 2018
- Greg Garcia sitting for Cardinals against Milwaukee August 17th, 2018
- Jedd Gyorko back in action for Cardinals on Friday August 17th, 2018
- Jose Martinez returns to Cardinals' lineup on Friday August 17th, 2018
- Tyler O'Neill on Cardinals' bench versus Brewers August 17th, 2018
- Cardinals' Tyler O'Neill starting on Thursday August 16th, 2018