Pirates' Steven Brault expected to pitch five innings on Wednesday
Pittsburgh Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said that the plan is for starter Steven Brault to go five innings on Wednesday, according to Trib Live beat writer Rob Biertempfel.
Biertempfel also noted that Brault would be followed by young, reeling starter Tyler Glasnow in tonight's road matchup against the Milwaukee Brewers. With the Pirates out of the race, it's clear that they're focused on developing young pitching and seeing what they have to work with in the future.
With a 1-0 record, a 3.28 FIP and 37.5% groundball rate in 2 starts and 8 overall appearances this season, the left-hander is projected for 19.6 FanDuel points at $6,600 on tonight's slate.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Schefter: Steelers' James Conner (shoulder) expected to play in Week 15 December 15th, 2019
- Jacob Stallings behind plate Sunday for Pirates September 29th, 2019
- Melky Cabrera starting for Pirates in season finale September 29th, 2019
- Melky Cabrera not in Pittsburgh's Friday lineup September 27th, 2019
- Melky Cabrera is in the Pirates' Thursday lineup September 26th, 2019
- Jacob Stallings catching for Pittsburgh Thursday September 26th, 2019