Cubs' Wilson Contreras suspended two games for his actions Friday night
Major League Baseball has suspended Chicago Cubs catcher Willson Contreras for two games following his actions on Friday night against the St. Louis Cardinals.
In case you missed it, Contreras stepped in for pitcher John Lackey as he got into a verbal argument with home plate umpire Jordan Baker in the top of the fifth inning last night. Not only did Contreras get in the face of Baker but he also slammed his mask in the umpire's direction as he was ejected from the game. Contreras was also fined an undisclosed amount, as was Lackey. The two-game suspension was set to start this afternoon but Contreras has decided to appeal MLB's decision. If the ruling is upheld, Taylor Davis or Rene Rivera will be asked to catch a game or two later this next week.
At $3,400, our models project Contreras for 10.1 FanDuel points in today's game against the Cardinals. The catcher has tallied 21 home runs and 73 RBI so far this season.
- Joey Gallo in Rangers' Friday lineup May 24th, 2019
- Danny Santana sitting on Friday for Texas May 24th, 2019
- Baltimore's Chris Davis sitting on Friday May 24th, 2019
- Brian McCann starting on Friday for Atlanta May 24th, 2019
- Nick Markakis starting on Friday for Atlanta May 24th, 2019
- Harrison Bader starting in center field for the Cardinals on Friday May 24th, 2019
- Victor Caratini in Chicago's Friday lineup May 24th, 2019
- David Bote sitting for Chicago on Friday May 24th, 2019
- Kris Bryant in Cubs' Friday lineup May 24th, 2019
- Willson Contreras not in Cubs' Friday lineup May 24th, 2019
- Addison Russell heading to the Cubs' bench on Thursday May 23rd, 2019
- Cubs' Jason Heyward in the fifth spot on Thursday May 23rd, 2019