Joe Panik out for San Francisco as they take on Dodgers
San Francisco Giants second baseman Joe Panik is not starting on Wednesday against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Panik went 3-for-5 with a three-pack of singles on Tuesday, but he will head to the bench tonight versus right-hander Yu Darvish and the Dodgers. He's been fantastic in September, going 19-of-43 (.441) with 1 home run, 4 doubles, 6 RBI, and 7 runs scored in 11 games. Kelby Tomlinson will slide over to second base on Wednesday while Brandon Crawford starts at shortstop for San Francisco.
In 67 remaining plate appearances this season, numberFire's models project Panik for a .279 batting average with 1 home run, 7 RBI, and 8 runs scored.
- Yankees' outfielder Aaron Judge undergoes shoulder surgery November 21st, 2017
- Houston's Jose Altuve named the 2017 American League MVP November 16th, 2017
- Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton wins NL MVP November 16th, 2017
- Cody Bellinger of the Dodgers named National League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- Yankees' Aaron Judge unanimous winner of American League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- George Springer, Astros defeat Dodgers in Game 7 for first World Series title November 2nd, 2017
- Ryder Jones out for San Francisco on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Nick Hundley in the lineup for Giants' game on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Ryder Jones back at third base Saturday for Giants September 30th, 2017
- Nick Hundley is out Saturday in San Francisco September 30th, 2017
- Mac Williamson not in Giants' lineup against Padres September 29th, 2017
- Ryder Jones is out Friday in San Francisco September 29th, 2017