Joe Panik out for San Francisco as they take on Dodgers
San Francisco Giants second baseman Joe Panik is not starting on Wednesday against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Panik went 3-for-5 with a three-pack of singles on Tuesday, but he will head to the bench tonight versus right-hander Yu Darvish and the Dodgers. He's been fantastic in September, going 19-of-43 (.441) with 1 home run, 4 doubles, 6 RBI, and 7 runs scored in 11 games. Kelby Tomlinson will slide over to second base on Wednesday while Brandon Crawford starts at shortstop for San Francisco.
In 67 remaining plate appearances this season, numberFire's models project Panik for a .279 batting average with 1 home run, 7 RBI, and 8 runs scored.
- Red Sox' Eduardo Nunez aggravates knee injury, avoids additional damage September 26th, 2017
- Yasiel Puig benched by Dodgers because of tardiness September 26th, 2017
- Yankees' Aaron Hicks activated from the disabled list September 26th, 2017
- Cardinals' Yadier Molina (concussion protocol) lifted from Monday's game September 26th, 2017
- Astros' Jose Altuve has left forearm contusion, X-rays negative September 26th, 2017
- Red Sox' Mookie Betts to have wrist examined on Tuesday September 26th, 2017
- Giants' Mac Williamson is sitting out Monday September 25th, 2017
- Gorkys Hernandez not in Giants' lineup against Diamondbacks September 25th, 2017
- Kelby Tomlinson is out Monday for Giants September 25th, 2017
- Jarrett Parker is in Giants' Monday lineup September 25th, 2017
- Denard Span is starting Monday for San Francisco September 25th, 2017
- Joe Panik returns to Giants' Monday lineup September 25th, 2017