John Farrell: 'Aggressive' to put David Price (elbow) back in Red Sox' rotation
Boston Red Sox manager John Farrell said Wednesday that it would be "aggressive" to use David Price (elbow) as a starter once he returns.
Per Farrell, he and Price will sit down on Thursday to determine the pitcher's role for the rest of the season, but it sounds like the left-hander will be working out of Boston's bullpen down the stretch. Price could be ready to be activated as soon as next week after throwing a three-inning, 47-pitch simulated game on Wednesday afternoon. He hasn't seen any major league action since July 22 due to elbow discomfort.
Price owns a 3.82 ERA, 1.27 WHIP, and 22.1 strikeout percentage across 66 innings this season while going 5-3 in 11 starts.
- Rich Hill (blister) placed on the 10-day DL by the Dodgers May 20th, 2018
- Evan Gattis is not in the Astros' lineup Sunday night May 20th, 2018
- Josh Reddick is starting in right field for Houston on Sunday May 20th, 2018
- Rajai Davis is not starting on Sunday for Cleveland May 20th, 2018
- Brandon Guyer is absent from Cleveland's Sunday night lineup May 20th, 2018
- Erik Gonzalez is not in the Indians' lineup on Sunday May 20th, 2018
- Brock Holt covering shortstop for Red Sox in Sunday's series finale May 20th, 2018
- Christian Vazquez on catching duties Sunday for Red Sox May 20th, 2018
- Mitch Moreland starting for Red Sox on Sunday May 20th, 2018
- Sandy Leon out of Red Sox's lineup on Sunday May 20th, 2018
- Xander Bogaerts sitting for Boston on Sunday May 20th, 2018
- Hanley Ramirez not in Red Sox's lineup versus Orioles May 20th, 2018