Mark Buehrle (shoulder) will start Tuesday for Blue Jays
Toronto Blue Jays pitcher Mark Buehrle (shoulder) will make his next start Tuesday on the road against the Atlanta Braves.
Buehrle was scheduled to start Saturday, but that's when Marcus Stroman will make his return to the rotation instead. This will give Buehrle a few extra days to rest his shoulder, in which he received a cortisone shot Wednesday.
Buehrle has seen things fall off a bit this season with his xFIP increasing to 4.32, the highest it has been since 2010. This is largely because he is now only recording 4.13 strikeouts per nine innings, which is the lowest of his career. A few extra days and Stroman's return should be beneficial for the team our algorithms see as having a 20.1 percent chance of winning the World Series.
- Rays' Austin Meadows batting third in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Ji-Man Choi batting leadoff for Rays in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' A.J. Pollock batting eighth in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' Joc Pederson batting eighth in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Austin Barnes catching for Dodgers in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Joey Wendle batting sixth for Rays in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Travis Shaw starting for Blue Jays versus Rays in Game 2 September 30th, 2020
- Jonathan Villar on Blue Jays' bench Wednesday in Game 2 September 30th, 2020
- Teoscar Hernandez in right field for Toronto in Wild Card opener September 29th, 2020
- Blue Jays' Alejandro Kirk at DH Tuesday in Game 1 September 29th, 2020
- Matt Shoemaker toeing rubber for Blue Jays in Game 1 September 28th, 2020
- Randal Grichuk in Toronto's Sunday lineup September 27th, 2020