Angels' Yunel Escobar (oblique) experiences setback in rehab assignment
Los Angeles Angels third baseman/shortstop Yunel Escobar suffered a setback in his second rehab game on Wednesday night, according to Southern California News Group's Jeff Fletcher.
Southern California News Group's J.P. Hoornstra expanded on the injury, saying that Escobar experienced stiffness in his side after taking a swing. He was set to return Friday but will instead be re-evaluated and resume his rehab assignment when cleared. The 34-year-old has been out since August 8th with an oblique strain. Luis Valbuena has taken over his starts at third base in the meantime.
With 7 home runs and a .319 wOBA on the year, Escobar is projected for 1 home run, 3 doubles and 6 RBI across 67 plate appearances the rest of the year.
- Tomas Nido batting eighth for Mets Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Mets' Jonathan Villar sitting Sunday September 19th, 2021
- James McCann sitting Sunday for Mets September 19th, 2021
- J.D. Davis batting sixth for Mets Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Didi Gregorius sitting for Phillies Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Matt Vierling starting for Phillies Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Max Stassi starting on Saturday for Los Angeles September 18th, 2021
- Juan Lagares sitting for Angels Saturday night September 18th, 2021
- Jose Rojas starting for Angels Saturday September 18th, 2021
- Kurt Suzuki sitting for Los Angeles on Saturday September 18th, 2021
- Kurt Suzuki catching for Angels on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Angels' Juan Lagares batting ninth on Friday September 17th, 2021