Jerad Eickhoff lifted from Phillies' game on Wednesday
Philadelphia Phillies pitcher Jerad Eickhoff exited in the third inning of Wednesday's home game against the Atlanta Braves.
According to CSN Philly's Jim Salisbury, Eickhoff was accompanied by a trainer as he exited. The 27-year-old has insisted that he's healthy but his fastball velocity has taken a dive in recent starts. Whether Eickhoff is actually injured or struggling mightily, we can probably expect a trip to the disabled list in the next day or two. Jesen Therrien replaced him in today's game.
With a 4-7 record, 4.18 FIP and 20.8% strikeout rate, Eickhoff was projected for a 2-2 record, 23 strikeouts and 16 earned runs in 29-plus innings the rest of the way this season.
- Kenley Jansen (heart) feels "great", hoping to return next week August 17th, 2018
- Cubs-Pirates expected to start at 8:50 PM ET on Friday August 17th, 2018
- Marlins' Jose Urena to appeal his six-game suspension August 17th, 2018
- Martin Maldonado starting for Astros on Friday night August 17th, 2018
- Astros' Tony Kemp not starting on Friday night August 17th, 2018
- Max Stassi heading back to Astros' bench on Friday August 17th, 2018
- Rhys Hoskins batting second for Phillies on Friday August 17th, 2018
- Jorge Alfaro catching for Phillies versus Mets August 17th, 2018
- Asdrubal Cabrera back for Phillies on Friday August 17th, 2018
- Scott Kingery returns to Phillies' bench on Friday August 17th, 2018
- Wilson Ramos resting for Phillies on Friday August 17th, 2018
- Roman Quinn in Phillies' starting lineup on Thursday night August 16th, 2018