Jerad Eickhoff lifted from Phillies' game on Wednesday
Philadelphia Phillies pitcher Jerad Eickhoff exited in the third inning of Wednesday's home game against the Atlanta Braves.
According to CSN Philly's Jim Salisbury, Eickhoff was accompanied by a trainer as he exited. The 27-year-old has insisted that he's healthy but his fastball velocity has taken a dive in recent starts. Whether Eickhoff is actually injured or struggling mightily, we can probably expect a trip to the disabled list in the next day or two. Jesen Therrien replaced him in today's game.
With a 4-7 record, 4.18 FIP and 20.8% strikeout rate, Eickhoff was projected for a 2-2 record, 23 strikeouts and 16 earned runs in 29-plus innings the rest of the way this season.
- Angels' Shohei Ohtani (elbow) to hit off tee Friday February 22nd, 2019
- Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw (arm) to play catch in a 'few days' February 22nd, 2019
- Braves' Mike Soroka experiencing renewed shoulder soreness February 22nd, 2019
- Marwin Gonzalez signs with Twins for 2 years, $21 million February 22nd, 2019
- Mets' Jed Lowrie dealing with knee injury February 22nd, 2019
- Michael Lorenzen to pitch, play center field for Reds this spring February 22nd, 2019
- Free agent Bryce Harper currently not considering short-term deals February 12th, 2019
- Mariners ship Carlos Santana to Cleveland December 13th, 2018
- Carlos Santana dealt to Seattle from Philadelphia on Monday December 3rd, 2018
- Mariners' Jean Segura traded to Phillies in five-player deal December 3rd, 2018
- Roman Quinn hitting third for Philadelphia in Sunday's finale September 30th, 2018
- Jose Bautista in Phillies' lineup versus Braves September 30th, 2018