Jerad Eickhoff lifted from Phillies' game on Wednesday
Philadelphia Phillies pitcher Jerad Eickhoff exited in the third inning of Wednesday's home game against the Atlanta Braves.
According to CSN Philly's Jim Salisbury, Eickhoff was accompanied by a trainer as he exited. The 27-year-old has insisted that he's healthy but his fastball velocity has taken a dive in recent starts. Whether Eickhoff is actually injured or struggling mightily, we can probably expect a trip to the disabled list in the next day or two. Jesen Therrien replaced him in today's game.
With a 4-7 record, 4.18 FIP and 20.8% strikeout rate, Eickhoff was projected for a 2-2 record, 23 strikeouts and 16 earned runs in 29-plus innings the rest of the way this season.
- Cardinals acquire Paul Goldschmidt from the Diamondbacks December 5th, 2018
- Nationals sign pitcher Patrick Corbin to 6-year, $140M deal December 4th, 2018
- Jay Bruce headed to Seattle as part of Robinson Cano trade December 3rd, 2018
- Seattle finalizes Edwin Diaz trade to the New York Mets December 3rd, 2018
- Seattle's Robinson Cano long-rumoured trade to Mets finally official December 3rd, 2018
- Braves sign Josh Donaldson to 1-year, $23M deal November 26th, 2018
- Carlos Santana dealt to Seattle from Philadelphia on Monday December 3rd, 2018
- Mariners' Jean Segura traded to Phillies in five-player deal December 3rd, 2018
- Roman Quinn hitting third for Philadelphia in Sunday's finale September 30th, 2018
- Jose Bautista in Phillies' lineup versus Braves September 30th, 2018
- Andrew Knapp starting for Phillies Sunday afternoon September 30th, 2018
- Phillies' Dylan Cozens starting on Saturday September 29th, 2018