Cardinals' Trevor Rosenthal to be examined for arm tightness
St. Louis Cardinals reliever Trevor Rosenthal will be examined by the team's medical staff for renewed tightness in his right arm.
"Something didn't look right," manager Mike Matheny said after Rosenthal gave up a home run and a walk to the first two batters he faced on Wednesday night. "It just didn't look smooth." The 27-year-old right-hander was promptly lifted, and if he's facing a significant injury, then Seung Hwan Oh could be worth an add for fantasy purposes. Tyler Lyons and John Brebbia could also factor into the ninth-inning equation for St. Louis.
Rosenthal owns a 3.40 ERA, 1.20 WHIP, and scorching 37.6 strikeout percentage this season, which is a career-high and also ranks third among all National League relievers this season. He's 11-for-13 on save opportunities in 2017.
- Kurt Suzuki catching for Angels on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Angels' Juan Lagares batting ninth on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Angels' Phil Gosselin batting fourth on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Dodgers' Gavin Lux scratched on Friday, Matt Beaty to start against Reds September 17th, 2021
- Yan Gomes handling catching duties for Athletics on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Oakland's Matt Chapman hitting sixth on Friday night September 17th, 2021
- Padres' Tommy Pham batting fifth on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Wil Myers sitting for Padres on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Jurickson Profar starting for Padres Tuesday September 14th, 2021
- Victor Caratini not in San Diego's Tuesday lineup September 14th, 2021
- Tommy Pham sitting on Tuesday for San Diego September 14th, 2021
- Austin Nola in San Diego's Tuesday lineup September 14th, 2021