Jedd Gyorko is a late scratch Saturday in St. Louis
The St. Louis Cardinals have scratched third baseman Jedd Gyorko on Saturday, but the reason for his absence is unknown.
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch got the scoop, but he mentioned the club didn't immediately release a reason for the late scratch. Kolten Wong and Randal Grichuk are moving up to sixth and seventh in the lineup respectfully, while Greg Garcia heads over to the hot corner. He's hitting eighth against right-hander Lucas Sims.
The Cardinals have a 5.29 implied total in our Heat Map, which ranks third-best in our models for Saturday.
- Francisco Liriano, Tigers reportedly agree to one-year deal February 23rd, 2018
- Orioles' Jonathan Schoop battling elbow bursitis February 23rd, 2018
- Athletics' Matt Chapman's (hand) X-rays come back clean February 23rd, 2018
- Athletics' Matt Chapman undergoing MRI on right hand February 22nd, 2018
- Pirates acquire Corey Dickerson from Rays February 22nd, 2018
- Daniel Hudson headed to Rays after trade with Pirates February 22nd, 2018
- Bud Norris and Cardinals agree to one-year deal February 12th, 2018
- Blue Jays acquire Randal Grichuk in trade with Cardinals January 19th, 2018
- Stephen Piscotty traded from Cardinals to Athletics in exchange for minor leaguers December 14th, 2017
- Cardinals acquiring Marlins' Marcell Ozuna December 13th, 2017
- Cardinals' Adam Wainwright has surgery on right elbow October 4th, 2017
- Tommy Pham absent from Cardinals' lineup versus Milwaukee October 1st, 2017