Mariners' James Paxton (pectoral) placed on 10-day DL
The Seattle Mariners placed starting pitcher James Paxton on the 10-day disabled list with a strained left pectoral muscle.
Paxton hurt himself in the seventh inning of his start on Thursday. He is expected ot be out a minimum of three weeks. Andrew Moore was called up from Triple-A to take Paxton's spot in the rotation.
Paxton has pitched brilliantly this season, posting a 3.14 xFIP, 3.37 SIERA, and 28.6% strikeout rate while compiling a 12-3 record for Seattle in 119 2/3 innings pitched.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Edwin Encarnacion returns to the Yankees' lineup on Saturday October 19th, 2019
- Yankees' Giancarlo Stanton sitting on Saturday October 19th, 2019
- Edwin Encarnacion sitting for New York in ALCS Game 5 on Friday October 18th, 2019
- Yankees' Giancarlo Stanton (quad) returns to the lineup for ALCS Game 5 on Friday October 18th, 2019
- Giancarlo Stanton (quad) still sidelined for Yankees in ALCS Game 4 October 17th, 2019
- Yankees' Masahiro Tanaka starting in Thursday's Game 4 against Houston October 16th, 2019