Brian Johnson to take David Price's place in Red Sox' rotation
Boston Red Sox pitcher Brian Johnson will be recalled from Triple-A Pawtucket to replace David Price (elbow) in the rotation, reports Evan Drellich of CSN New England.
It was previously reported that Johnson would start on Friday against the Kansas City Royals, but the Red Sox have elected to move their four healthy starters up a day instead. If Price is facing a long-term absence, Boston may look to make a trade before Monday's deadline, so it's tough to say how long Johnson will stick around in the rotation. Rick Porcello is drawing tonight's start.
The 26-year-old left-hander has twirled a 4.33 ERA, 1.48 WHIP, and 17.4 strikeout percentage across 27 innings in the big leagues in 2017.
- Gorgui Dieng starting for Memphis on Saturday in place of injured Brandon Clarke February 6th, 2021
- Rays' Austin Meadows batting third in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Ji-Man Choi batting leadoff for Rays in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' A.J. Pollock batting eighth in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' Joc Pederson batting eighth in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Austin Barnes catching for Dodgers in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Jonathan Arauz starting for Boston Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Tzu-Wei Lin starting for Boston Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Christian Arroyo sitting for Red Sox on Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Alex Verdugo not in Red Sox' Sunday lineup September 27th, 2020
- Christian Vazquez sitting for Boston on Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Rafael Devers in Red Sox' Saturday lineup September 26th, 2020