Cardinals' Stephen Piscotty (groin) expected to return June 25
St. Louis Cardinals outfielder Stephen Piscotty (groin) is expected to return from the disabled list when first eligible on July 25.
Piscotty landed on the disabled list with a groin strain over the weekend, but the move was mostly intended to free up a roster spot as the injury is considered mild. The 26-year-old outfielder is scheduled to start a rehab assignment this week, which will allow the 26-year-old outfielder to work on his swing a bit after he batted just .171 (6-for-35) with 11 strikeouts in 10 games this month before landing on the DL. Magneuris Sierra, called up from Triple-A Springfield earlier in the week, will likely be sent back down upon Piscotty's return.
numberFire's models project Piscotty to post a .262 average, with 5 home runs and 21 RBI over 198 remaining plate appearances this season.
- Red Sox offer J.D. Martinez five-year, $100 million deal January 17th, 2018
- Christian Yelich's relationship with Marlins 'irrevocably broken' January 16th, 2018
- Giants' Hunter Pence will move to left field in 2018 January 16th, 2018
- Andrew McCutchen to play right field following trade to Giants January 16th, 2018
- Josh Harrison prefers trade if Pirates aren't looking to compete January 16th, 2018
- Report: Giants acquire Andrew McCutchen from Pirates January 15th, 2018
- Stephen Piscotty traded from Cardinals to Athletics in exchange for minor leaguers December 14th, 2017
- Cardinals acquiring Marlins' Marcell Ozuna December 13th, 2017
- Cardinals' Adam Wainwright has surgery on right elbow October 4th, 2017
- Tommy Pham absent from Cardinals' lineup versus Milwaukee October 1st, 2017
- Jose Martinez on Cardinals' bench for Sunday's regular-season finale October 1st, 2017
- Stephen Piscotty absent from Cardinals' lineup against Brewers October 1st, 2017