Cardinals' Stephen Piscotty (groin) expected to return June 25
St. Louis Cardinals outfielder Stephen Piscotty (groin) is expected to return from the disabled list when first eligible on July 25.
Piscotty landed on the disabled list with a groin strain over the weekend, but the move was mostly intended to free up a roster spot as the injury is considered mild. The 26-year-old outfielder is scheduled to start a rehab assignment this week, which will allow the 26-year-old outfielder to work on his swing a bit after he batted just .171 (6-for-35) with 11 strikeouts in 10 games this month before landing on the DL. Magneuris Sierra, called up from Triple-A Springfield earlier in the week, will likely be sent back down upon Piscotty's return.
numberFire's models project Piscotty to post a .262 average, with 5 home runs and 21 RBI over 198 remaining plate appearances this season.
- Ben Gamel dealt to Milwaukee on Friday by Seattle December 21st, 2018
- Mariners acquire Domingo Santana from Milwaukee December 21st, 2018
- Kyle Farmer headed to Cincinnati in seven-player trade December 21st, 2018
- Dodgers move Yasiel Puig to Cincinnati on Friday December 21st, 2018
- Alex Wood traded to Cincinnati in seven-player deal December 21st, 2018
- Cincinnati Reds acquire outfielder Matt Kemp in multi-player trade on Friday December 21st, 2018
- Jonathan Lucroy starting behind the plate on Wednesday in the Wild Card Game October 3rd, 2018
- Josh Phegley not starting for Oakland in the Wild Card Game October 3rd, 2018
- Liam Hendriks to be A's 'opener' in Wild Card Game on Wednesday October 2nd, 2018
- Athletics' Ramon Laureano drops to seven-hole Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Mark Canha on Athletics' bench Sunday afternoon September 30th, 2018
- Matt Olson returns to Athletics' lineup Sunday September 30th, 2018