Cardinals' Stephen Piscotty (groin) expected to return June 25
St. Louis Cardinals outfielder Stephen Piscotty (groin) is expected to return from the disabled list when first eligible on July 25.
Piscotty landed on the disabled list with a groin strain over the weekend, but the move was mostly intended to free up a roster spot as the injury is considered mild. The 26-year-old outfielder is scheduled to start a rehab assignment this week, which will allow the 26-year-old outfielder to work on his swing a bit after he batted just .171 (6-for-35) with 11 strikeouts in 10 games this month before landing on the DL. Magneuris Sierra, called up from Triple-A Springfield earlier in the week, will likely be sent back down upon Piscotty's return.
numberFire's models project Piscotty to post a .262 average, with 5 home runs and 21 RBI over 198 remaining plate appearances this season.
- Scott Schebler out of the lineup for Cincinnati April 24th, 2018
- Alex Blandino starting for the Reds against Atlanta April 24th, 2018
- Jesse Winker returns to the Reds' lineup, batting leadoff on Tuesday April 24th, 2018
- Reds' Devin Mesoraco catching against the Braves April 24th, 2018
- Yoan Moncada slides down to six-hole for White Sox on Tuesday April 24th, 2018
- Leury Garcia starting as White Sox battle Mariners April 24th, 2018
- Jake Smolinski returns to Athletics' bench on Monday April 23rd, 2018
- Jonathan Lucroy catching for Oakland on Monday April 23rd, 2018
- Bruce Maxwell on Athletics' bench versus Rangers April 23rd, 2018
- Matt Olson starting for Athletics on Monday April 23rd, 2018
- Khris Davis' homer leads Athletics past Red Sox on Sunday April 23rd, 2018
- Oakland's Jake Smolinski in the starting lineup on Sunday April 22nd, 2018