Cardinals' Stephen Piscotty (groin) expected to return June 25
St. Louis Cardinals outfielder Stephen Piscotty (groin) is expected to return from the disabled list when first eligible on July 25.
Piscotty landed on the disabled list with a groin strain over the weekend, but the move was mostly intended to free up a roster spot as the injury is considered mild. The 26-year-old outfielder is scheduled to start a rehab assignment this week, which will allow the 26-year-old outfielder to work on his swing a bit after he batted just .171 (6-for-35) with 11 strikeouts in 10 games this month before landing on the DL. Magneuris Sierra, called up from Triple-A Springfield earlier in the week, will likely be sent back down upon Piscotty's return.
numberFire's models project Piscotty to post a .262 average, with 5 home runs and 21 RBI over 198 remaining plate appearances this season.
- Austin Barnes not starting for Los Angeles in Game 3 on Monday October 15th, 2018
- Dodgers' Matt Kemp sitting out Game 3 of the NLCS on Monday October 15th, 2018
- David Freese heads to the Dodgers' bench for Game 3 on Monday October 15th, 2018
- Chris Taylor not in the Dogers' lineup for Game 3 on Monday October 15th, 2018
- Yasmani Grandal catching for Dodgers in Game 3 of National League Championship Series October 15th, 2018
- Cody Bellinger starting for Dodgers against Milwaukee in Game 3 October 15th, 2018
- Jonathan Lucroy starting behind the plate on Wednesday in the Wild Card Game October 3rd, 2018
- Josh Phegley not starting for Oakland in the Wild Card Game October 3rd, 2018
- Liam Hendriks to be A's 'opener' in Wild Card Game on Wednesday October 2nd, 2018
- Athletics' Ramon Laureano drops to seven-hole Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Mark Canha on Athletics' bench Sunday afternoon September 30th, 2018
- Matt Olson returns to Athletics' lineup Sunday September 30th, 2018