Cardinals' Stephen Piscotty (groin) expected to return June 25
St. Louis Cardinals outfielder Stephen Piscotty (groin) is expected to return from the disabled list when first eligible on July 25.
Piscotty landed on the disabled list with a groin strain over the weekend, but the move was mostly intended to free up a roster spot as the injury is considered mild. The 26-year-old outfielder is scheduled to start a rehab assignment this week, which will allow the 26-year-old outfielder to work on his swing a bit after he batted just .171 (6-for-35) with 11 strikeouts in 10 games this month before landing on the DL. Magneuris Sierra, called up from Triple-A Springfield earlier in the week, will likely be sent back down upon Piscotty's return.
numberFire's models project Piscotty to post a .262 average, with 5 home runs and 21 RBI over 198 remaining plate appearances this season.
- Pirates option Austin Meadows to Triple-A July 15th, 2018
- Yankees' Gleyber Torres (hip) takes batting practice July 15th, 2018
- Jeff Samardzija (shoulder) lands back on Giants' disabled list July 15th, 2018
- Astros' Carlos Correa (back) still not ready for rehab work July 15th, 2018
- Austin Barnes' on Dodgers' bench versus Angels July 15th, 2018
- Kelby Tomlinson enters the Giants' starting lineup against Oakland July 15th, 2018
- Jonathan Lucroy catching for the Athletics on Sunday July 15th, 2018
- Jed Lowrie returns to the Athletics' lineup on Sunday July 15th, 2018
- Oakland's Chad Pinder moves up to second in the batting order on Sunday July 15th, 2018
- Dustin Fowler not in the Athletics' lineup against San Francisco July 15th, 2018
- Oakland's Khris Davis out of the lineup on Sunday July 15th, 2018
- Oakland's Mark Canha in the lineup against San Fran July 15th, 2018